Location: Work from anywhere
Here's what we do and why we do it.
We work to simplify the cloud for IT professionals so they can focus on what really matters, making their customers' lives better. Find out how we do that here: www.sherweb.com/about/
Here's how you will contribute to the company’s success.
- Take charge of the management of the team of programmer-analysts while being actively involved in the development process;
- Supervise the planning, organization, coordination and control of the design and deployment;
- Collaborate with the functionality analysis and quality assurance teams to ensure the delivery of projects in accordance with deadlines and initial requests;
- Ensure a high level of quality of the solutions delivered and ensure that they meet business requirements;
- Establish and ensure the implementation and promotion of best practices, methodologies and standards within the development team;
- Provide technical coaching, practical leadership and constructive supervision to the team;
- Collaborate closely with product owners and other members of management team to fully understand the priorities of the organization;
- Be responsible for the delivery of the results of its team by ensuring that the ceremonies and Scrum principles are respected;
- Assess hiring needs and participate in the selection of candidates;
- Ensure the integration of new employees within his team and develop their group spirit and their sense of belonging;
- Carry out the performance management process for the members of his team in collaboration with his superior;
- Contribute to the assessment of staff training needs, provide coaching and develop career plans;
- Perform all other related tasks according to the evolution of the needs of the organization, the department and the position of Product Development Manager.
Here's what you need to have and master to get the job.
- College or university degree in computer science;
- Experience of more than 10 years in the design, architecture and deployment of software applications, including a minimum of 5 years in a management position of a development team;
- Any other combination of training and experience deemed relevant will be considered;
- Agile/Scrum project management experience is required
- Excellent knowledge of software development processes and/or methodologies;
- Bilingualism (English, French) both orally and in writing is an asset.
Benefits of working at Sherweb
Sherweb is, above all, an environment where the needs of our customers are at the heart of our actions. We are committed to living our values of passion, teamwork and integrity every day.
A fast-paced work environment that adapts to you
- A friendly and diverse work culture with inclusion and equality at heart of our actions
- Beautiful offices for meetups and collaborative work (Sherbrooke and downtown Montréal)
- State-of-the art technology and tools
- A results-oriented culture where talent, action, and thinking outside the box are given due recognition
- Annual salary review based on performance
- Generous and caring colleagues of various professional and cultural backgrounds
A flexible total compensation offer
- Vacation time that considers your previous experience
- Advanced paid hours to recharge your batteries (holidays and mobile days)
- Flexible benefits plan that adapts to your needs
- Flexible savings fund options
- A monthly home internet allowance
- Flexible schedule (35 to 40 hours per week)
- Paid training hours
Considerable growth opportunities
- A career path with opportunities to learn and grow
- Proximity to your direct manager and open, honest communication to support your development
- Multiple initial and on-the-job training opportunities and tools to track your progress and help you scale up in your career
Last but not least: “Sherweblife” - a rich calendar of activities that allow us to gather virtually and face-to-face throughout the year
Reasons for the requirement of English: Sherweb has international customers and fluency in English is the only way to ensure proper service delivery to them. The main tasks related to this position require written and oral communication with an English-speaking clientele at all times.