Project Manager – Clinical Systems Integration
Total Systems Solutions Consulting Inc. https://totalsystems.ca is seeking a Project Manager – Integration to work for our public sector client at the Provincial Health Services Authority(PHSA) in the Province of British Columbia. This is role is a Remote- full-time 37.5-40 hours per week with availability Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm in the Pacific Time Zone.
The consultant is expected to start ASAP and the contract length is 2 years.
The DHI delivers provincial digital health strategies and business transformations by relentlessly focusing on the end user and the end-to-end health services journey for everyone in British Columbia.
We concentrate on the design and delivery of digital health tools and platforms to support the ongoing evolution of a connected health system and digitally enabled health care. By collaborating with all provincial health sector partners, we ensure an equitable approach to addressing health sector priorities.
While we spur innovation and change through strategic architecture for technology, it is never just about the technology, but about solving the problem.
The Connected Health System (CHS) Program is a group of complementary strategic initiatives with the goal of digitally connecting healthcare systems across British Columbia. These initiatives provide the ability for systems to transfer and securely share information within and between systems and stakeholders.
The program includes:
Provider Portal - makes common provincial services and clinical information available to all providers (including private practice physicians and allied health specialists) without needing to embed those capabilities directly within their existing systems.
Provider/Service Directory – enables the rapid identification by location, specialty and capacity of all BC providers to speed up referral and ordering processes and ensure that reports are sent to the right places.
Digital Referrals & Orders - Conduct a joint RFP with the New St. Paul’s project to procure a full Clinical Service Request solution covering eReferral, eConsult, eOrder (laboratory, medical imaging) and eForms.
Report Distribution – enhance the existing model and address current issues.
Primary Care Patient Summary – enables providers to generate and share patient summaries using the Canadian PS-CA standard.
Longitudinal Record Access - Expose provincial data and information through a standardized layer of APIs including lab results, diagnostic imaging reports, alerts, allergies, medications, encounters.
IDAM - enable a single sign-on capability enabling providers to log in once to their EMR or CIS and then cascade that secure authentication to other systems without subsequent logins, in support of the initiatives above.
PHSA is looking for a senior Project Manager to lead the provincial integration work for the digital referrals and orders solution. The Project Manager will lead a high-performing team working with other stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, Health Authorities, DofBC, and vendors.
The Project Manager is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing DRO Integration and Lab eOrders Projects
- Developing/Managing project plans (schedule, risk, etc) with input from Program Manager, project team members and other stakeholders
- Collaborating with the Clinical Informatics Leads to facilitate and coordinate project communications across the provincial health sector.
- Assisting the Program Manager in preparing program status reports and dashboards.
- Submitting regular status reports to the Program Manager and Program Steering Committee as required.
- Developing project charters, business cases, decision documents and evaluation plans as assigned.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation for both development and support purposes and ensuring that documentation is up to date.
- Collaborating with the Clinical Informatics Leads to identify and manage organizational change requirements for the project.
- Managing project scope change processes, and acquire approvals as required.
- Managing Project Team performance of project tasks.
- Controlling, tracking and reporting on the execution of the project plans and day-to-day aspects of the projects.
- Assisting the Program Manager in preparing project financials (budgeted, planned and spent)
- Controlling, tracking and reporting on current and forecast resource usage.
- Controlling, tracking and reporting on issues and risks identified for the projects.
- Escalating significant issues that cannot be resolved by the Project Team following the established governance structures.
- Securing acceptance and approval of deliverables from the Program Manager, Sponsor, and Stakeholders.
- Assisting the QA team with the development of test plans, scripts.
- Scheduling and chairing Project Team meetings.
- Documenting all findings and recommendations.
- Transitioning project deliverables to Operations (Production Turnover/PTO).
- Performing project management processes as per PMO standards.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in information technology, Business, Administration, or related field including training and/or experience in leading, managing, and coordinating the integration of multiple technologies:
- Five (5) year’s recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups including within the vendor community.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge and experience with agile as well as waterfall project management concepts practices, and deliverables
- Ability to effectively navigate and deliver results in a large and complex healthcare environment is necessary,
- Solid understanding of how various technologies fit together in a provincial health ecosystem to deliver services,
- Strong experience leading IT system integrations efforts including electronic medical records (EMRs), clinical information systems (CISs), Imaging and Lab repositories, clinical decision support systems (CDS), BC provincial assets (EMPI, PLR, etc.), and health information exchanges (HIEs).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain concepts and topics in layman’s terms to non-subject matter experts and build consensus and credibility among diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of integration standards especially within the healthcare domain, including but not limited to HL7, FHIR, SMART on FHIR and other interoperability standards.
- Exceptional MS Office skills.
Preference given to candidates who have:
- Experience working within the BC Health Sector.
- Experience or working knowledge of population and public health.
- Experience in large scale provincial integration projects.
- Strong forward thinking, analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.
- Project Management Professional designation.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 9 months
Salary: Up to $90.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you worked with HealthCare ? If so when?
- Where on your resume have you been involved in large scale Clinical Systems Integration projects.
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Project Management: 5 years (required)
- PMP Certification (required)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-10-04