Rodd Brudenell River Resort is looking for a Maintenance person to join their team.
Summary of Maintenance Person Position: The Maintenance Person is responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, meeting spaces, Breakfast Room, Pool and common areas. Preventive maintenance in guest rooms and common areas is included in this scope.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and the rest of the maintenance teamto plan and prioritize the day and to ensure preventative maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance and necessary repairs on all hotel equipment, including boiler, HVAC, electrical and guest rooms (major plumbing, grouting etc). Maintain log.
- Major drywall repair, wallpaper, carpet, painting repair, carpentry etc. as needed.
- Complete general cleaning duties, grounds work etc during absence of Maintenance Person such as picking up garbage, cigarette butts etc. Taking out garbage as required.
- Take care of the pool to ensure it is clean, safe, well maintained and to Health Department specifications.
- Work with the maintenance department to ensure snow & ice removal is completed for guest & employee safety.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas.
- Respond to guest requests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Complete maintenance requests and update logbook to notify the next shift and to keep front desk informed.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- All other duties as required.
- Knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, carpentry and steam system repair and maintenance procedures considered an asset
- Skill in operating a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to read, understand and follow written instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to effectively function as a team player
- 1-2 years previous building maintenance experience preferred
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Compensation is based on experience. Ask about our employee incentives!
Job Types: Seasonal, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$19.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- maintenance: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person