CKF Inc. has six manufacturing facilities located across Canada and 2 facilities in the US with a total workforce in excess of 1000 employees. Our operations produce foam, hard plastic and molded pulp products, including disposable tableware, egg cartons, four-cup carriers, display containers, and a wide variety of other products for the food service industry.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Industrial Electricians (442A) install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and other types of electrical and electronic controls on various types of equipment found in an industrial site or plant.
This is a 12 hour continental DAY shift schedule with weekend work every other weekend.
- Troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic control circuits, mechanical failures, and servo drive systems.
- Electrical/mechanical preventative maintenance; troubleshoot, diagnose, repair of machines.
- Install, operate and maintain electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Calibrate electrical and electronic equipment and instruments according to technical manuals and written instructions.
- Conduct tests on assemblies and installations; record and analyze results.
- Provide other support to all members of the Maintenance department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or Lead Hand.
JOB DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITION
- Work will be conducted within a manufacturing plant.
- Workers can be at risk of exposure to hazardous materials, equipment and to electrical shock.
- Occasional overtime and shift rotation may be required to meet departmental needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Inter-provincial industrial electrician certification (442A) is required
- A Diploma in a related field from an accredited College
- At least five (5) years of experience in a plastics manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components.
- Working knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Experience installing, maintaining and servicing various types of equipment.
- Working knowledge of PLC controls.
- Experience with extrusion machinery considered an asset.
- The ability to learn new systems and equipment quickly and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong problem-solving / critical thinking skills and, the ability to multitask.
- The ability to work overtime and be on call (rotation).
CKF Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Although we gratefully accept all applications, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $39.15-$41.57 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Electrical experience: 5 years (preferred)
- driver's license (preferred)
Work Location: In person