RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the supervision of the MGH MRI Research Platform Manager, and following established governmental guidelines and regulations, the incumbent is responsible for conducting magnetic resonance (MRI) examinations for research projects.
- Work with researchers to conduct examinations,
- Receive and prepare participants and explain the exam to participants,
- Perform MRI examinations as per the research protocol and the imaging manual,
- Ensure security around the magnetic field and the conformity of equipment,
- Meet with the research teams on request,
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- DEC, radiodiagnostic technologist specialization,
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the MRI specialty required, and/or as a technologist in radiology MRI
- Member of the Ordre des technologues en imagerie, en radio-oncologie et en électrophysiologie médicale du Québec (OTIMROEPMQ),
- Excellent organizational skills, multiple priority management, multitasking, and prioritization,
- Good balance between self-direction and seeking management feedback,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work alone or as part of a team,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English,
- Demonstrates ongoing interest in quality and strives to reach high standards,
- Demonstrates initiative and positive attitude,
- Ensures that infection control practices are respected and effectively takes care of the equipment,
- Training ability and good analytical skills,
- Follows established policies, procedures and guidelines,
- Takes responsibility for her/his decisions,
- Previous clinical research experience is an asset,
- Knowledge of international, federal and provincial laws and regulations governing clinical research (ICH-GCP) is an asset.
Status : Temporary, part-time casual
Pay Scale: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, $70,000.00 - $78,460.20.
Work Shift: Hours vary on a weekly basis and according to the needs of researchers
Work Site: Montreal General Hospital (MGH)
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
NOTE: The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, [email protected]