We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Are you passionate about working with customers, building relationships, and being part of a growing business? Then we would love to have you join our Canadian Segment Contact Center as a Bilingual Customer Service Representative !
With the customer being the main focus, this role will take a proactive approach to every customer interaction, to ensure a high-quality Manulife experience. This role is primarily accountable for handling, resolving, and communicating service requests from Canadian clients.
Covering a comprehensive suite of products, tools and services, this role uses multiple systems, platforms and methods as outlined within the department training plan to meet service level standards. The role also has responsibility for Customer Protection around Personally Identifiable Information and risk mitigation including Account Take Over and Fraud. All clients are Canada based and service is provided over the phone and by email.
- Accurately and thoroughly handle increasingly complex client service requests at initial point of contact
- Effectively use multiple administrative systems to resolve inquiries, within the defined service standards
- Take a proactive role in identifying and reporting areas of continuing client concern (trends) and make recommendations to help develop and implement strategies to resolve the issues to improve the service experience.
- Recommend client centered resolutions to issues and identify and initiate exceptions within guidelines
- Find opportunities and make recommendations to improve operational processes and practices.
- Responsible for contributing to a strong collaborative team and building customer working relationships while providing excellent customer service.
- Keep current with company policies, procedures, and processes.
- Meet expectations relative to Productivity (AHT, Aux Usage, Reliability, Adherence, CX Contribution, etc.), Accuracy (QA, Compliance, etc.) and Service Excellence (tNPS).
How will you create impact?
Provide an amazing customer experience on incoming calls, which builds lasting client relations, become an expert on our products, services, systems with our in-house training, serve as a liaison between customers and other teams to ensure responsiveness and quality customer service, participate in various process improvement activities and departmental/divisional initiatives, strive in an environment with set timelines (shift work, breaks, lengths of calls, etc.) and constructive feedback.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
What we are looking for
- Must be fully and fluently Bilingual (verbal & written proficiency) in both French and English due to frequent interaction with internal/external English-speaking customers, or employees outside of Quebec.
- Previous experience in a contact center environment would be considered a tremendous asset, however, not required
- You excel in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment while exhibiting a calm and professional manner
- You have outstanding technical capabilities, research skills and your attention to detail is always a priority
- You are confident in your ability to learn and apply information quickly
- Knowledge of financial services would also be an asset
What can we offer you?
- A competitive wage and benefits packages.
- Paid Training starting on Day 1 in an environment with practical hands-on training along with your colleagues.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Rotating work schedule a week at a time to accommodate customer calls from other time zones will be required (rotating start times between the hours of operation 8:00am - 8:00pm EST Monday - Friday). The Customer Service client base is Canada-wide. Flexibility is needed as client demand changes.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
CAN, Ontario, Waterloo, 500 King Street North
Salary range is expected to be between
$38,625.00 CAD - $64,375.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.