Local flower shop looking for part-time customer service representative . We are seeking an entry level associate who is willing to take their passion for flowers and plants to the next level.
This person will join our special flower team and act as a brand ambassador/ associate by increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing above and beyond prompt service, knowledge about flowers and botanicals, and creating a friendly atmosphere.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Manage inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising and other operational processes to company standards.
- Lift and move heavy buckets and water or large arrangement of flowers
- Repetitive motions involved in the job, such as cutting stems and arranging flowers.
- Offer product suggestions when appropriate.
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Processing florals
- Maintaining a clean + organized workspace
- On site event set-up and/or strikes
- The ability to work individually or as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and effectively problem solve when required
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Education or equivalent is preferred
- 1 year experience working in retail or equivalent (preferred)
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Computer skills
- Manual dexterity & able to lift up to 50lbs frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 35lbs
- Attention to detail/Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Experience in creating floral arrangements.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- 5-hour shift
- Day shift
- Holidays (**Must be able to work during busy holidays**)
Due to overwhelming number of applicants, we will reach out to the candidates directly when selected for interview session. Thank you
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-25 per week
Salary: $15.00-$16.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3R 0C9: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Florist: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-15
Expected start date: 2023-10-01