Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $33.66 - $48.38 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 45,000 medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We have five exciting Temporary Full Time opportunity for a Analyst, Information Systems & Knowledge Management to join our team at Central City Tower located in Surrey, BC.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Designs, develops, implements and tests quality and process improvement practices and procedures ensuring Benefits & Employee Information (BEI) and Payroll/Financial information meets operational, legislative, collective agreement and benefit plan requirements. Designs reports to accomplish business goals and conducts assigned projects by researching user and HR / Finance needs and best practices within Fraser Health and with other employers; develops business case reports and project plans.
- Develops technology systems to support the operations and information requirements of the assigned department, through increased efficiency of data acquisition (input), management information (reports) and quality checks and improvements (audits).
- Designs, develops, tests and implements quality and process improvement practices and procedures and systems to ensure BEI and Payroll/Financial information meets operational, legislative, collective agreement and benefit plan requirements.
- Conducts assigned projects by researching user and HR/Finance/Payroll needs, best practices within Fraser Health and with other employers; develops business case reports and project plans; participates on user project teams to ensure implementation and/or system revisions provide optimum results; participates on discussions with stakeholders to partner on services and information requirements.
- Designs reports to accomplish business goals; enters, replaces, deletes program codes and commands to correct errors; runs or tests program to increase operating efficiency, usability or adapt to new requirements; documents program as to development, logic, coding and modifications; documents all program related installation and operating procedures.
- Assesses current reports and develops, runs, and reviews audit sequences and related reports to ensure the Fraser Health’s payroll/finance/benefit plan systems are consistent with collective agreements, Fraser Health policy, legislative, plan specific requirements and Meditech/enterprise database requirements; facilitates discussions of these processes to arrive at consensus in terms of new systems and processes.
- Plans and completes Meditech/enterprise annual systems events; writes NPR Reports and corresponds with system representatives to review and resolve payroll/finance/benefit plan system issues; provides advice to Human Resource Consulting Services and Finance Services on benefit plan administrative and operating systems status and requirements.
- Performs the role of Application Coordinator by assisting the Lead, Information System and Knowledge Management by optimizing the Personnel/Payroll application through consultation consulting with staff to determine specific requirements.
- Supports the People Services Benefits & Employee Information and Work Design & Compensation teams in collecting, collating and analysing equity, compensation reviews and the provision of reports on an ad hoc basis.
- Participates as a working member on Fraser Health committees related to assigned program area issues, acting as a co-lead on systems implementation and reporting.
Education and Experience
Diploma in Computer Information Technology, Human Resource Management, Accounting or a related field supplemented by courses or a certificate in Applied Data Analytics, plus three (3) to five (5) years' recent, related experience including systems related functions in Human Resource/Labour Relations/Benefits/Payroll/Accounting Administration within a large, complex environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
Technical expertise in Crystal Reporting, SQL and Visual Basic preferred.
Knowledge of electronic health information systems such as Meditech NPR report writer, Boston Workstation, iPeople, iScript and Microstrategies preferred.
Knowledge of systems analysis, design and development life cycle theory, concepts and practices.
Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.