Kiwassa Neighbourhood House is a multi service agency in East Vancouver where people of all ages, cultures and walks of life can make friends, participate in programs, find resources, share ideas, and contribute to community life. This position will have an anticipated start date of October 23, 2023.
We are seeking an energized community builder to lead our neighbourhood-focused community development work. The Employment Services Coordinator works across departments, with volunteers, community leaders and external partners to design and facilitate activities that support authentic community leadership and community capacity building in pursuit of our vision to create a community where all people feel valued, connected, and secure. As the Employment Services Coordinator, you are passionate about helping people discover their strengths, learn new skills, and build confidence to find and sustain employment success. You have demonstrated ability to provide client-centred services, meeting contractual targets, and exceeding program outcomes.
Programs in this portfolio include EMPOW3R an employment program, providing 8 weeks of group-based employment training and 4 weeks of hands-on work experience placement, for survivors of violence, abuse and/or trauma. Kiwassa is also a Service Provider, in partnership with M.O.S.A.I.C., delivering employment services at the Vancouver Northeast WorkBC Centre.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of Kiwassa’s two employment programs: WorkBC and EMPOW3R. Develops, implements, and coordinates program activities, ensuring that program achieve contractual targets and outcomes,
- Responsible for human resources needs of the Kiwassa Employment Services, including interviewing, training, supervision, scheduling and evaluating staff
- Provide leadership, planning and 1-1 support for a team of 5 employment focused roles,
- Administers programs’ operating budgets, tracks expenditures, writes funder reports, ensures that budget guidelines are followed and provides monthly performance update to the Director.
- Ensures that accurate program records, statistics, health and safety, and reporting information, arecompiled and submitted in a timely manner
- Works alongside community to assess needs and opportunities, make recommendations and implement responsive programming; and builds partnerships with agencies, employers, and other stakeholders
- A post-secondary diploma in a related field (e.g., career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling, education, or human resources management),
- Two (2) years of experience in a related position, with a minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience
o Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reporting Relationships: This position reports to the Director, Settlement and Employment
The following positions report to the coordinator:
● One (1) Job Developer (VEEES program partner)
● Two (2) Workshop Skills Facilitator
● One (1) Case Manager / Employment Counsellor
● Trauma Counsellor (contractual)
Renumeration: The wage rate for this position is set at JJEP Wage Grid Level 14, starting at $32.79/hr.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a resume before October 6, 2023, at 12:00pm to [email protected] RE: Employment Coordinator. This is a unionized position covered by a Collective Agreement with the BCGEU. This position requires union membership. This position is open to all applicants. We believe diversity drives collaboration, innovation, and better solutions. We celebrate cultural diversity and multiple approaches and points of view and are actively working to ensure our team reflects the communities we serve.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Kiwassa grows a welcoming and inclusive community in the vibrant Hastings-Sunrise and Grandview Woodland neighbourhoods of East Vancouver, located on the traditional, unceded and occupied lands of the Skwxwu7mesh (Squamish), Səlílw̓ ətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), and xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $32.79 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5K 1M7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- related: 2 years (required)
- supervisory: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V5K 1M7
Application deadline: 2023-10-06
Expected start date: 2023-10-23