Job Title: Millwright
Reports to: Superintendent
Location/Project: Whitewood, SK – Elevator Upgrade
Estimated Job Duration: Current project April 2023 – August 2023, opportunities to travel with the company to additional projects may be available.
Hours: Monday - Sunday, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm. Rotations may be two week on/one week off or ten days on/four days off depending on project schedule. Additional hours may be required during peak construction periods.
- Perform tasks involving physical labour at the construction site, utilizing safe work practices.
- Read and understand construction drawings, including providing accurate layout of the work and building to drawings and specifications.
- Rig and position industrial agricultural equipment to elevated floors.
- Layout, assemble, and align equipment, mounting & securing per construction drawings.
- Assemble moving parts and sub-assemblies with proper use of adjusting, shimmering, leveling, and tensioning provisions.
- Proficient in safe methods of hoisting, rigging, and scaffold erection.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery.
- Must maintain good housekeeping (safe, clean, and orderly work area).
- Operate hand and power tools of all types.
- Assist other craft workers, performing other duties as directed by the Superintendent.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be Journeyman status or enrolled in apprenticeship program.
- Must be well versed in mechanical aspects of agricultural construction.
- Must be able to work with precision measuring equipment.
- Must have knowledge of rigging and fabrication.
- Must be able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Must possess basic tools of the trade.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Involves physical work that requires frequent use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to perform strenuous outdoor work in exposed weather conditions on a day-to-day basis.
- Must be able to climb and work at excessive heights.
- Must have a normal range of hearing and vision.
- May require lifting up to 30 kgs.
Working Conditions: Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Requires wearing protective and/or safety equipment. Requires working outdoors.
Apply on Indeed or visit our website at www.tsargent.com/careers!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person