SciCan provides a complete range of infection control solutions for dentists, ophthalmologists and medical clinics in dozens of countries around the world. Much of what we design, build, distribute and maintain is focused on efficiently washing, disinfecting and sterilizing dental and medical instruments.
In the dental industry, we’re known as the maker of the STATIM Cassette Autoclave®. It’s the fastest cassette autoclave out there. But we offer more than just technology, and more than just dental.
Working with industry professionals and regulators, we provide the dental, ophthalmology, and endoscopy markets with the most innovative and effective products available. Our global network of infection control experts develop real-world solutions based on our big-picture understanding of how good design, effective work flow, and sound ergonomics make for better and safer patient care.
From the largest multi-office practice to the smallest clinic, SciCan products are used to carefully and efficiently clean, disinfect and sterilize instruments to fight the spread of diseases like hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV.
What SciCan offers its Employees
- A clean and safe working environment
- Diverse and Inclusive environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Casual business dress
- Work flexibility schedule where the position allows for it
- Work from home where the position allows it
- Employee discounts program offerings
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits: Employer paid health and dental insurance , Employee Assistance program, Employer paid pension contributions
- Career Development & Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite subsidized Cafeteria serving hot lunches
- Easy access to public transit
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Initiative programs
- Employee Appreciation Social Events
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- Student Co-op/Internship program
- Growing and yet a family oriented enviornment
- And much more!
This position will, among other activities, assemble and test manufactured products, under the direction of the assigned leader, following procedures and adhering to current Quality standards and Health & Safety regulations.
- Communication and Listening
- Good Concentration
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Attendance
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the ISO 13485- SciCan Quality System Manual (QSM100), Policies, and SOP procedures are followed.
- Ensuring the daily plan and schedule is adhered to
- Following manufacturing instructions to perform assembly, sub-assembly, testing, calibration, cleaning, labelling and packaging procedures
- Using hand tools to perform manual assembly
- Delivering quality products and service with highest standard to both internal and external customers
- Previous assembly and soldering experience considered an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to operate hand tools (electric drills, screwdrivers, etc)
- Must be highly adaptable to ensure success in job rotation
- Basic knowledge of computers
Candidates that meet the above requirements will be contacted for an interview. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in SciCan. No phone calls please.
SciCan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources team is responsible for working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- what is your status in Canada (Study permit, work permit, PR, or Citizenship)
- What is your salary expectations?
- Are you looking for a full-time or part-time position?
Work Location: In person