WHO WE ARE…
Deerhurst Resort is your host to the true Muskoka experience.
What is important to us…
We have FUN.
We value INTEGRITY.
We believe in TOGETHERNESS.
WAGE: $16 Per Hour
REPORTS TO: Lifeguard Coordinator / Rec. Supervisor
STATUS OF POSITION: Part Time Casual / Full Time Summer 2023
JOB HIGHLIGHTS: Shift work, Work as a team, Work outdoors
Why Deerhurst Resort?
Nestled in the heart of Muskoka, Deerhurst Resort can become your new office with a view. Becoming a Host unlocks a world of opportunity to not only grow your hospitality career but yourself as well. On top of the beautiful and relaxing surroundings Deerhurst Hosts enjoy complementary activities such as Golf, Canoeing, Kayaking etc. Discounts on food, clothing and our concessions, such as water skiing, paintball, ATVing. Affordable staff housing is available on site and includes laundry, internet, shuttle service. Join our team and find out why thousands of people visit Deerhurst every year. Apply to Deerhurst today, Muskoka’s preferred place to work and play.
The Lifeguard will be responsible for the safety and care of each of our guests and team members who frequent the pool or waterfront areas. They will explain and ensures that rules, regulations and policies are adhered to. They are responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the pool areas as well as providing exceptional and professional guest service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the well-being of our guests and team members by being alert to and reporting potential hazards
- Comfortable making responsible decisions and develops recommendations for effective problem solving
- Explains and enforces pool regulations, rules and policies
- Ensures cleanliness of pool area and that equipment is maintained throughout the day
- Ensures all equipment is in proper working order
- Responds and reports to first aid and emergency situations
- Clears and closes the pools if necessary
- Models all Deerhurst Resort Standards while caring for the guests, co-workers and owners
- Completes all other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
Previous experience as a lifeguard an asset
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- First Aid, CPR and AED required
- Bronze Cross
- L.S. Certificate
- Boaters license is an asset
Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
- Able to handle problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Guest oriented with an outgoing, sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
- Able to work well with others and independently
- Able to take initiative within given guidelines
- Has exceptional energy, flexibility and professionalism
- Has effective communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Is self-motivated, with high level of enthusiasm
- Able to adapt in a fast pace, constant changing environment within a dynamic work schedule
- Able to maintain composure and objectivity
- Able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Is flexible with their schedule, able to work long hours, shift work, evenings, weekends and holidays as business levels require
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills or efforts associated with or expected of the role, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.