About the role
Are you looking to join as a potential Millwright Industrial Mechanic at Stelco - Hamilton facility in Hamilton Ontario, Canada?
Why Join Us?
- New 5 year Collective Agreement with wage, benefit, pension and bonus enhancements
- Competitive Benefit Wellness Package
- Cost of Living Allowance & Shift Premiums paid out hourly starting Day 1
- Guaranteed wage increases in each year of the collective agreement
- Competitive vacation entitlements and minimum 20%-30% premium paid on vacation hours
- Productivity payment plan (bi-weekly) and profit sharing plan (quarterly) based on Company performance and key goals
- Company paid Defined Contribution Pension Plan (RRSP) with no employee contribution required.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program available
- All Personal Protective Equipment, tools, and job training provided at no cost
Safety is the Core Value of Stelco and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities, including monitoring contractor/vendor safety in support of work efforts.
- Handle, transport, and process product and materials using equipment;
- Operate and inspect material handling equipment (such as overhead & mobile cranes); light mobile equipment (such as forklifts, pickup trucks);
- Operate mechanical equipment (i.e. pipe threader, cut off saw);
- Operate and inspect hand-held equipment (such as torches, oxygen lances, pneumatic/power actuated tools and hand tools);
- Maintain or repair operating equipment;
- Clearly communicate completed tasks by means of producing a daily log (verbal / written/ computerized);
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings, produce rough sketches (abbreviations, symbols for machining/welding/assembly, tolerances);
- Set up and perform alignments on equipment;
- Demonstrate good housekeeping practices at all times to help maintain a safe work area;
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems, compressors, pumps and turbines;
- Work with heavy industrial equipment.
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Certificate of Qualification (433A);
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an industrial environment;
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Temperature Tolerance: The ability to withstand extreme temperatures;
- Reaction Time: The ability to quickly respond to process upsets;
- Static Strength: The ability to exert significant muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects;
- Trunk Strength: The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time, including bending and stooping;
- Dynamic Strength: The ability to exert muscle force at intervals throughout a work shift. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue;
- Agility: The ability to negotiate different areas of the plant, including climbing stairs and ladders, and moving around barriers;
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to quickly move and react.
- The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the facility. Depending on the area you work in, the environmental conditions may be hot, cold, dirty, dusty, wet or noisy;
- Safety is our highest priority, and safety procedures and guidelines must be adhered to at all times. This includes wearing personal protective equipment, such as a hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, flame retardant clothing and safety shoes with metatarsal protection at all times during a work shift;
- Employees work in a unionized, highly industrial setting;
- Our Hamilton facility operates 24 hours per day, 365 days a year with varying hours of work including 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts;
- This means that you may be required to work different days of the week each time you rotate shifts. In other words, you may be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and holidays;
- The position requires you to work overtime as needed;
- Punctuality and attendance are extremely important to the success of the operations in general as well as contributing to an overall positive team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Certificate of Qualification (433A) (preferred)
Work Location: In person