SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (One-Time-Buys Procurement)
Requisition #: R23-2895
Location: Edmonton, AB (100% On-site)
Engagement Type: Contract
Number of Resources required: 2
Rate (CAD): Up to $68 per hour / Negotiable based on experience and market competitiveness
Term: 6 months (October 10, 2023 to March 28, 2024)
Hours per day: 7.00
Security Screening: Standard (Criminal Record Check)
Submit to Tri-global: September 26, 2023 (on or before 6:00 PM Mountain Time)
Closing Date: September 27, 2023 (10:00 AM Mountain Time)
Tri-global Solutions Group Inc. is seeking two (2) Senior Procurement Specialists to join our talented Service Delivery team at Ministry of Technology and Innovation (Government of Alberta) to manage a portfolio of complex sourcing projects that will support the seasonal demand of procuring Goods in time for fiscal year end.
NOTES ON LOCATION: The successful candidate(s) will work in-person at Oxbridge Place, located at 9820 -106 Street, Edmonton AB. Standard Hours of work are 08:15 - 16:30 Alberta time.
Please review the project overview and requirements below. If you meet the requirements and are interested in submitting for this role, please reply to this job posting.
If you know other consultants who may be interested in this opportunity kindly share this job posting.
Tri-global Solutions Group Inc.
This project involves managing a portfolio of procurement files for required one-time-buys across the Government of Alberta.
Work location is at Oxbridge Place, located at 9820 106 Street, Edmonton AB.
ADDITIONAL DELIVERY DETAILS
Successful candidates will be assigned a portfolio of complex sourcing projects that will support the seasonal demand of procuring Goods in time for the GoA fiscal year end.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Candidate will refine identified business and technical requirements and translate those into solicitation documents such as RFP/NRFP/RFQ/RFI as required. Candidate may also be involved in the upfront planning of how a project will be delivered.
Solicitation Document Preparation
- Support development of a strategy for procurement preparation based upon project goals and criteria.
- Refine identified business and technical requirements.
- Preparation of RFP (request for proposal)/NRFP (Negotiated Request for Proposal), RFQ (request for quotation), RFI (request for information) and draft review documents.
- Identify any subprojects where separate RFPs may be required to acquire specific vendor services.
- Assist the Department in providing RFP interpretations to vendors by developing written responses to questions.
Evaluation & Debrief
- Prepare RFPs selection methodologies, evaluation plans, evaluation criteria mandatory, evaluation schedules, and final award recommendations.
- Review vendor proposals for quality accuracy and adherence to required standards.
- Creation of supporting project documentation as per the guidelines of the Government of Alberta procurement policy.
- Assist in planning and scheduling bidders conferences and vendor presentations including agenda development for those activities.
- Assist in debriefing unsuccessful vendors.
Contract Execution & Post RFP activities
- Assist the Department in finalizing contracts with recommended vendors.
- Conduct post procurement reviews and vendor evaluations lessons learned.
- Prepare evaluation reports and procurement recommendations for Department reviews and signoffs.
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare controlling documentation for procurement plans and processes.
- Develop effective communications processes to ensure adequate project progress and issue reporting to all participants and stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate procurement activities including financial estimate, business technical requirements and contracting options.
- Additional procurement related responsibilities as required by the Project Delivery Manager.
- The proposed resource must have demonstrated public sector procurement experience working within a Canadian public sector organization (5+ years)
- The proposed resources must have demonstrated experience drafting Request for Quote (RFQ) and/or Request for Proposals (RFP) procurement instruments (5+ years)
- The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience creating requirements for a procurement (5+ years)
- The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience evaluating vendor quotes and/or vendor proposals (5+ years)
- The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience with advertising public bidding opportunities on Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC), or equivalent (5+ years)
- The proposed resource must have a demonstrated understanding of the applicable trade agreements that apply to the procurement of Goods for the GoA (5+ years)
- The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience with integrating a procurement within an information management system (3+ years)
DESIRABLE / NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- The proposed resource should have demonstrated experience navigating the Government of Alberta (GoA) 1GX and Ariba technology systems (0+ years)
- The proposed resource should have proven record of independent problem-solving (1+ years)
- The proposed resource should have demonstrated capacity to navigate and learn to master new technological platforms (2+ years)
- The proposed resource should have Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation, or equivalent
- The proposed resource should have demonstrated experience balancing multiple projects at the same time (3+ years)
- The proposed resource should have exceptional communication and attention to detail (3+ years)
NOT FOR YOU?
Check out our other opportunities at https://tri-global.com or follow us on LinkedIn. We thank all candidates in advance. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHY WORK WITH TRI-GLOBAL?
- Empower positive change by enabling our clients to revolutionize innovation and technology, elevating them to a higher level of excellence and efficiency.
- Join an exceptional and committed team that redefines the landscape, forging a distinctive path towards success.
- Engage in stimulating and captivating projects that push boundaries and keep you constantly motivated.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $68.00 per hour
- *PLEASE CONFIRM/ACKNOWLEDGE BY REPLYING TO THE QUESTION WITH "CONFIRMED"*
The successful candidate(s) will work in-person at Oxbridge Place, located at 9820 106 Street, Edmonton AB. Standard Hours of work are 08:15 - 16:30 Alberta time.
- drafting RFQ and / or RFP procurement instruments: 5 years (required)
- post public bidding opportunities on procurement platforms: 5 years (required)
- navigate 1GX (SAP) and Ariba technology systems: 1 year (preferred)
- balancing multiple projects at the same time: 3 years (preferred)
- exceptional communication and attention to detail: 3 years (preferred)
- creating requirements for a procurement: 5 years (required)
- evaluating vendor quotes and/or vendor proposals: 5 years (required)
- understanding trade agreements that apply to government: 5 years (required)
- integrating procurement within information management system: 3 years (required)
- capacity to learn to master new technological platforms: 2 years (preferred)
- proven record of independent problem-solving: 1 year (preferred)
- Canadian public sector procurement with public sector: 5 years (required)
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or similar (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-10