We are the best at what we do so what are you waiting for?
The Calmont Group is growing and we would love for you to come and grow with us!
For nearly 50 years, Calmont Group, a growing Canadian-based company with branches in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. We are dedicated to delivering best-in-class transportation solutions to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Calmont Group is comprised of Calmont Leasing Ltd., Calmont Truck Centre Ltd., Calmont Equipment Ltd., and Carter Lease and Rentals.
What we offer:
Employer paid Health and Dental plans
Employee Assistance Program
Great Team Environment
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join our team and experience a rewarding work environment with skilled and supportive teammates. We are currently accepting resumes from organized and team-oriented individuals who are looking for a career as a Heavy Equipment Service Technician at our Calmont Equipment location - Bobcat of Calgary.
A Heavy Equipment Service Technician is responsible for performing diagnostics, disassembly, parts replacement, assembly and testing of most types of repairs. Some of the job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting diagnostic analysis on all standard equipment serviced in location to determine repairs required.
- Performing repairs on all standard equipment serviced in the location in accordance with, or better than job standards.
- Using time effectively to achieve high productivity and efficiency.
- Supporting Service Department processes, including Environmental standards, Health & Safety processes, and complying with the requirements of the processes.
- Training, coaching, and mentoring Apprentices to optimize the productivity of the Service Department and to build the skills of the Apprentice.
- Keeping product knowledge and skills current through job related training and development in order to diagnose and repair all standard equipment serviced in the location.
- Managing customer interactions in a professional manner to deliver a satisfactory customer experience.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certified Journeyman Service Technician or Apprentice
- Minimum two (2) years of related industry experience, and demonstrated ability to diagnose all standard equipment.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a challenge, then this may be the opportunity for you. At Calmont, we believe in a healthy work-life balance and we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation package, along with a first class benefits package for the correct individual.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.80-$43.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2C 5C5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you currenty residing in Canada?
- How many years of experience do you have in regards to the position being applied for?
- What are your wage expectations for this position?
- Are you currently working? How much notice would you need to provide?
Work Location: In person