Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to shape your future, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Share our purpose to empower British Columbians to move forward.
Child Passenger Safety Program Educator/Instructor, Community Impact
Reporting to the Associate Manager, Community Impact, the Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Program Educator/Instructor provides child car seat education, resources and instruction to families, caregivers, and community professionals to help ensure children are safe when travelling on BC roads. This is a part-time contract position for one year, working approximately 25 hours per month with the possibility of taking on more hours. This contract opportunity allows for flexibility in work hours and scheduling. Come join our Community Impact team and support BCAA’s commitment to provide programs that build stronger communities, keep our roads safe and give back in ways that improve the lives of British Columbians.
- Provide education and instruction on child passenger safety to parents, caregivers, and community professionals by coordinating and facilitating information sessions, hands-on workshops, and CPS Educator training courses
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to execute and support existing strategies and new initiatives
- Mentor and support CPS Educators province wide
- Review and update program materials
- Participate in strategic planning discussions related to the program
- Administer CPS phone line, email enquiry account, mail-outs, CPS Educator activity reports and database
Complete training to become a BCAA Child Passenger Safety Educator and Instructor
Other general day-to-day functions and assistance related to Community Impact initiatives
Travel within BC and flexibility in work hours required
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- BCAA Child Passenger Safety Educator II Certificate or willingness to complete
- Minimum 5 years in community education
- Proven experience in adult education
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently with initiative
- Proven organization, communication (written/oral) and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
Proven ability to work independently and to take initiative to resolve issues
Demonstrated teaching and presentation skills
Demonstrated attention to detail and time management skills
Completion of Safe Travel for All Children: Transporting Children with Special Health Care Needs training or willingness to complete
- Knowledge in child car seat products
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid British Columbia driver’s license
- Must be able to be mobile within the Lower Mainland
must be able to work between Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm
- Desire to work, grow and take on more responsibility
- Experience in facilitating child car seat safety educational sessions and training
- Other credentials/training related to teaching, facilitating, etc.
- Is comfortable facilitating education and instruction in a different language
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, credential, and reference checks for employment with BCAA.
As an independent contractor, the successful candidate will be required to obtain their own GST number (if applicable) and Worker's Compensation (WCB) coverage prior to their first day of work.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work with those who share our beliefs:
We believe in:
DOING THE RIGHT THING
We stay true to our word, and help British Columbians move forward.
THE POWER OF COMMUNITY
Together, we create a more vibrant, inclusive and connected province for everyone.
PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST
We treat each other with the same care and respect that we treat our Members.
PROTECTING OUR HOME
It's our responsibility to protect life in BC now, and for generations to come.
SHAPING THE FUTURE
We look to new horizons and actively embrace change.
By putting these beliefs in to action each of us will do engaging work with inspiring people and grow personally and professionally.