Sunshine Coast Health Centre (SCHC) and Georgia Strait Women's Clinic (GSWC) are ever-growing organizations offering men and women treatment for addictions, mental health, and trauma. SCHC/GSWC is licensed under the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, accredited under Accreditation Canada, and a Certified B Corp.
The staff at SCHC and GSWC make our services. Having staff that feels supported and is doing well allows us to offer the best treatment experience in the country.
We are currently looking to add a few casual LPN positions to our medical and nursing team. LPN shifts are 8 hours in a safe, secure medical unit. We do not accept or manage clients with psychosis or violent/aggressive behaviours.
To work with the Director of Nursing and clinical (counselling) team to provide safe, compassionate, and ethical care to all clients.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Providing an efficient and safe admissions process.
- Ensuring medical checklists are complete and documentation is in order.
- Assessing and monitoring all clients residing in the Medical Detox Unit.
- Processing medication orders, doctor orders, and medication refills.
- Providing access to medical services including doctor appointments, blood work, lab work, and urine screens as needed.
- Supporting team members and co-workers and maintaining a positive professional role for frontline staff and clients.
- Successful completion of Licensed Practical Nursing Program
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work within teams and alongside other departments/teams
- Ability to problem-solve and communicate effectively
- Basic computer skills and ability to use both PC and Mac systems
- Up to date First Aid certification
- LPNs from outside BC must already hold BC license.
At SCHC/GSWC, we offer individualized treatment and care for our clients, knowing each of them is unique and different from the other. We believe the same about our staff and that is the greatest strength they bring. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and to creating a diverse environment that includes everyone.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $33.98 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site childcare
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person