Niagara Falls-based Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest and most successful diversified entertainment businesses, with more than 2500 talented professionals spread across its various Hotels, Spas, Conference Centres, Restaurants, Craft Brewery and Distillery, Indoor Waterpark, City Touring, Entertainment and Specialty Retail businesses - with more to come! We are home to world-class brands including Marriott, Sheraton, IHG, Morton’s, Milestones, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café, Hershey and Starbucks - to name a few. Regardless of what business or role you start with, career development opportunities and rewards are endless for people delivering exceptional guest satisfaction and attaining business results.
We are seeking a talented and ambitious Junior ETL Specialist with knowledge of R and SQL to join our small and dynamic team in Niagara Falls. As a Junior ETL Specialist, you will play a vital role in developing, managing, and optimizing our data extraction, transformation, and loading processes using SSIS. This entry-level position offers an excellent opportunity for growth and development within a startup-like environment. If you are a motivated and detail-oriented individual with a passion for data management, we encourage you to apply.
- Design, develop, and maintain ETL workflows using SSIS to extract,
transform, and load data from various sources into our data warehouse.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to gather data
requirements and ensure data integrity and consistency.
- Identify and proactively resolve data quality issues, performance
bottlenecks, and other ETL-related challenges within the SSIS environment.
- Optimize and fine-tune SSIS packages to improve efficiency and reduce
- Conduct thorough data profiling and analysis within SSIS to identify
patterns, trends, and anomalies.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for SSIS packages, data
mappings, and transformations.
- Foster collaboration with the data team to ensure seamless integration
and scalability of SSIS solutions.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and emerging trends in ETL
and data management, adapting and implementing relevant strategies within
our start-up-like environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related
- Knowledge of R, SQL and SSIS.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts in Excel (pivot tables, Macros, advance
- Some experience or coursework related to ETL concepts and principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to
- A passion for data management and a desire to learn and grow in the
- Adaptability and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities
within a small team environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in a
close-knit, startup-like setting.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment fostering innovation and
- Work-life balance and flexible work arrangements.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your resume (optional cover letter) detailing your relevant experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior professional to kickstart their career in data management with the support of a talented team and comprehensive benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note that this is an on-site position based in Niagara Falls; remote work arrangements are not available.
To learn more about Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Businesses or view other current and future job opportunities please visit CNHCAREERS.CA
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3K6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person