Legacy Co-op is recruiting a Full Time Health and Safety Manager in Yorkton, SK. The successful applicant will provide health and safety services throughout all Legacy Co-op locations including food stores, home building centres, gas bars, retail ag sites, and administration offices.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We are pursuing a growth strategy that will provide you and our team with exciting opportunities. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.legacyco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
The Health and Safety Manager leads, promotes, and oversees the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance of a comprehensive health and safety program that aligns with the safety initiatives of Legacy Co-op. You will also be responsible for:
· Providing coaching, advice, and support, to all management and staff on a broad variety of health and safety activities and initiatives,
· Investigating and analyzing incidents, hazard identifications, policies, procedures, and manuals as it relates to health and safety, and
· Working collaboratively with all stakeholders to generate solutions suitable for the effective and safe operation of all departments and divisions.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are passionate about Health and Safety and have:
- Relevant post-secondary education from a recognized educational institution including a OHS certificate. A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Current working knowledge of legislation, OHS best practices, and related areas
- Experience using online Safety tracking software and programs
- Possess leadership qualities and demonstrate excellent communication and organization skills
- A comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and solid computer skills required.
- Experience with coaching and delivering training
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do and you believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, an employer-contributed pension plan, and we offer an excellent relocation assistance program. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person