The candidate must be willing to relocate for the summer (housing and meals provided) and have previous serving experience. Experience with fine dining an asset. Must be able to multi task and work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment. Must be a minimum of 19 years of age. Possession of an up-to-date Smart Serve or equivalent certification an asset. This position runs May – October.
-25% Employee Store Discounts
-Laundry facilities included
-Access to all resort amenities (canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, etc)
The candidate must be willing to relocate to Sioux Narrows, Ontario (housing and meals provided). Must have previous serving experience.
This position runs from May – October.
-25% Employee Store Discounts
We are Seeking:
•Dining Room Servers at our Totem Lodge, mainland resort location
•Dining Room Servers at our Wiley Point Lodge, remote boat-access only resort location
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of the Food and Beverage Server include but are not limited to the following:
· Greet patrons, present menus, inform of any specials, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverage items
· Take food and beverage orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff in a timely and accurate fashion
· Manage multiple tables while ensuring guest satisfaction
· Up-sell wine and beverage items to compliment food selections
· Serve all food and beverage orders efficiently using proper fine-dining techniques
· Ensure guest satisfaction and report any problems or concerns to Dining Room Supervisor and/or Chef
· Maintain accurate guest charge accounts
· Present bills and process cash, credit or debit payments for “walk-in”patrons
· Set up and take down buffets
· Laundry and folding napkins, polishing cutlery and dishes
· Ensure that the dining room area is properly set, cleared and re-set throughout the entire shift
· Ensure the dining room, bar, and main lodge including bathrooms and windows are always clean
· Be willing to help in other departments
- Ability to be punctual for early morning shifts
- Ability to work split shifts (most shifts)
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs and stand/walk for 8+ hours at a time
- Able to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Take pride in a clean work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Vibrant and interesting personality, outgoing and enjoys interacting with guests
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times
Candidates must understand:
•We are seeking qualified candidates with previous experience as a dining room server
•Please note that days off will be strictly based on guests/ customer counts at the resort and their check in/ check out days. Certain days off cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to change at a moment’s notice based on management’s discretion.
•If applying with other candidates, please be aware that days off and shifts together are highly unlikely, as are breaks and other scheduled times off.
•This roll is a 6 days on/ 1 day off per week job. If seeking 2 days off per week, we ask candidates not to apply
•We are seeking candidates with no prior commitments for the entire length of the contract/ summer season. We require only individuals are able to commit to the length of our season and who are interested in living and being on the lake/ on-site during this entire time period.
•Totem Resorts and all resort locations are based in very remote locations and have limited access to city amenities. Please research our location and please be fully committed to moving out to our location.
•This is a high pressure, fast past, busy work environment offering high rewards for long hours and hard work in trade of USD tips/ currency- which trades traditionally at 30% towards the Canadian dollar as we deal in 80% USA clientele (meaning high opportunity for fantastic tips!)
About the Resort Locations
Totem Lodge/ Yellowbird Lodge
Are both drive in locations are side-by-side. We tend to 80% American clientele who have come to know and love our attention to detail and 5-star world-renown service!
These are more Cabin/ Resort style setting with American Plan packages (all-inclusive) style meal plans, but our restaurant is open to the public as well, and tends to get very busy. This is a 250-bed resort/ with 60 staff members.
Yellowbird Lodge caters to fishing guests, as well as specializes in weddings, conferences, large scale private events, and remains open throughout the summer and winter seasons, where Totem Lodge will shut down for winter.
Wiley Point Lodge
This beautiful off-the-grid location, is Canada’s best kept secret and boasts 125 customer beds and 30 staff members.
Wiley features a large 125-person dining room, massive lake front patio, 2 bars, games rooms, over 50 boats, and is spread across 10 acres of well-kept forest land.
This ‘boat-accessible’ remote location is located just a short 40-minute boat ride from Totem and Yellowbird Lodge and runs on 24/7 generator power, and is a world-class fishing destination that caters to upper scale American Clientele. This location is 100% American Plan (all-inclusive) and is open to the public which sees anywhere from 30-150 ‘off-lake’ (walk-ins) visitors daily!
Please research us online at www.totemresorts.com, be sure to view our YouTube Channel, and see our Facebook & Instagram Pages for all three individual resorts.
*When applying, please specify which resort location interests you most (Totem Lodge or Wiley Point Lodge)
SO, what are you waiting for? spend your summer on beautiful Lake of The Woods!
Are you looking to make new friends from all over the world, live the Lake Life and make money? Then a job at Totem Resorts is exactly what you are looking for!
Job Types: Seasonal, Full-time
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sioux Narrows, ON P0X 0A4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Smart Serve (required)
- ProServe (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person