Who are we?
Located just minutes from downtown Montreal, LUX FBO is a fast-growing company operating a FBO/Fixed-Base Operation service at St-Hubert Airport (CYHU). LUX also operates a terminal at Quebec City's Jean Lesage International Airport (CYQB).
Our parent company, Chrono Aviation, was founded in Quebec City in 2012. In its early days, the company operated a Pilatus PC-12 and employed two pilots. Today, Chrono Aviation has a fleet of 15 aircraft and a team of 280 employees.
Role and context
As a Cargo and Warehouse Supervisor, you will supervise and coordinate the activities of ground staff during the loading, unloading, stowage and positioning of aircraft cargo. You will determine the quantity and orientation of the cargo and calculate the aircraft's centre of gravity.
- Directing, planning and managing all operational activities relating to the freight service and handling in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Driving and manoeuvring vehicles or mechanised equipment, such as forklift trucks
- Monitoring and examining information from materials, events or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Actively manage the management and control databases to ensure sufficient manpower to enable cost-effective flying
- Inspect loads and check that strapping and securing comply with aircraft loading requirements.
- On request, prepare weekly reports for management.
- Communicating with senior management on equipment requirements.
- Implementing SOPs and developing standard operational practice guides for freight.
- Passionate about customer service
- Stress tolerance and physical fitness
- Ability to work in a team
Specific job requirements
- 2 to 3 years' experience in a supervisory role
- Experience as a loadmaster
- Leadership that is participative, innovative and inspiring
What we can offer you
- Full-time, permanent position at our St-Hubert base
- Modern, dynamic working environment
- Working hours adapted to our common needs
- Meals at employee prices at our restaurant Le Hangar
- Take the day off on your feast day
- Advantageous group insurance with employer contribution (dental, disability, life and paramedical) from day 1
- Access to a telemedicine platform
- Group RRSP to which the company contributes
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Projects and responsibilities that live up to your expectations and make you want to come to work every day
- Salary: from $20, depending on experience
One last word: things move fast at LUX! You'll be on your X with us if you see yourself as someone who's ready to ride the wave of change!
If you've been skimming this text because you were so eager to find out how to apply, that's YOUR SIGN. Send us your application!
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs will remain on file for the next 6 months. Our needs will change rapidly, so keep your eyes open.