Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated people who are committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Procon is currently seeking Construction Miners and the position may be summarized as follows:
Based at our project in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, this will be a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation opportunity. Preference will be given to those who reside in Northern Territories.
The Construction Miners on our remote project in the Northwest Territories are responsible for the completion of various underground mining construction tasks, including:
- Construction of underground manways, shotcrete bulkheads, and vent doors
- Installation of ground support with jackleg
- Forming and pouring of concrete
- Operation of underground mining equipment such as minecat, scissor lift
- Following all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Always performing the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Other mining and construction related tasks as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 5+ years experience as a construction miner
- Underground mining experience
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying 40 lbs. repetitively and on a regular basis
- Dependable and able to commit to a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation
- Able to work independently
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
- Preference will be given to those who reside in the Northwest Territories.
Residents of the Northwest Territories area and candidates identifying as Indigenous are encouraged to apply.
- Drug Test
- Criminal Record Check
If this position involves frequent air travel to and from the work site. Applicants must meet all legislated requirements for air travel to work at the remote site camp. You will be required to work both dayshift and nightshift as part of the rotational schedule 14 days on site, 14 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo substance and pre-employment testing.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous and minority groups representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.