Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Talent Acquisition Specialist provides administrative support for the day-to-day delivery of Human Resources activities related to recruitment, selection, hiring, and onboarding. The Candidate will work collaboratively with the Program Managers to recruit and screen candidates including tasks such as preparing job postings, screening resumes, completing reference checks and employee onboarding. The ideal candidate loves to hustle, and is driven by landing the perfect candidate for the role.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will utilize your extraordinary interpersonal skills and passion for being a go-to ambassador for Access Healthcare to help us adapt and excel today to create a brighter people-first tomorrow.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertakes and manages the recruitment process including but not limited to;
- Manage full cycle recruiting by partnering with field operations leadership to determine staffing needs within an assigned territory.
- Review and qualify applicant resume in accordance to hiring manager's needs.
- Conduct preliminary phone interviews to assess talent fit for teams.
- Coordinate phone, virtual and in-person interviews between top candidates and hiring teams.
- Conduct reference checks for qualified applicants.
- Make recommendations on hiring decisions.
- Deliver offer letters for all positions, and discuss the offer in detail with candidates (e.g., benefits, compensation).
- Use traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Support in conducting relevant pre-employment screenings on prospective candidates.
- Create and develop sourcing strategies as needed.
- Draft job postings and publish them in a variety of locations.
- Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external stakeholders to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Manage current candidate activity in our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Collage.
- Manage application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Coordinates onboarding for new hires including: setting up AlayaCare profile, computer accesses and collecting required documents.
- Coordinates new hire orientation sessions for all programs and leads day one orientation sessions.
- Ensures buddy shifts have been booked for new hires.
- Ensures new and existing hires have access to tools and equipment required for their role.
- Manages technology such as phones, laptops, and AlayaCare access for existing hires.
- General knowledge of employment standards, employee relations, benefits, and onboarding.
- Ability to write professional correspondence to employees, management, and vendors via internal and external communications.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and with tight deadlines.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and trust with external candidates and internal teams.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage a load of competing priorities under pressure and within respective deadlines.
- Highly flexible with the ability to manage relationships at all levels of a diverse organization with a variety of personalities.
- Strong moral and ethical judgement in decision making, along with a commitment to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team as well as independently.
Access Healthcare Services Inc. is proud to announce that it has recently (2023) been re-awarded a four-year accreditation with exemplary standing, the highest award available from Accreditation Canada. We are a nurse managed home healthcare organization that provides services on behalf of the Champlain Local Health Integration Network, private individuals, insurance companies and other municipal and provincial organizations in various sectors.
As an equal opportunity employer, Access Healthcare Services Inc. is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility. Access Healthcare Services Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from all people.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank everyone in advance for their interest in Access Healthcare Services Inc. however, only applicants selected to join us for the first round will be contacted.