Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come
in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our
customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond
during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a
solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be
ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we
build an even cleaner B.C.
- BC Hydro's Supply Chain function is integral to keeping the business running and the lights on.
The Supply Chain Programs team plays a key role within Supply Chain and is accountable for
managing several enterprise-wide programs and supply chain functions in an effective and
- We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to lead the Supply Chain Programs (SCP)
team. This position reports into the Senior Manager, Supply Chain Central Services and is part of
the Supply Chain Central Services leadership team. The SCP team has approximately 25 staff
that are a mix of management, professional, union and contractor roles.
- The SCP Manager leads the team in taking a strategic long-term perspective on the
management of the programs and functions within its portfolio to achieve its objectives and help
meet BC Hydro's mandate, while ensuring that the day-to-day operations are run effectively and
- The key responsibilities of the teams led by the Supply Chain Program Manager include:
1. Managing BC Hydro’s Accounts Payable (AP) function and our supplier early payment discount
program to ensure timely payments and increased discount revenues.
2. Ensuring the controls and data governance over supplier information, including banking details,
are working and effective.
3. Managing BC Hydro’s corporate credit card, travel and office supplies programs and managing
associated supplier contracts, also including:
o Managing key relationships with travel suppliers (e.g., airlines, rental vehicles agencies,
corporate travel agency), office goods and service suppliers, and Credit Card supplier (BMO) to
ensure the overall success of the Programs and contracts.
4. Managing the centralized Bid Station, used for posting public procurement bids on BC Bid (an
online platform where public sector organizations advertise contract opportunities) and receiving
bid submissions from proponents, and managing the relationship with BC Bid.