Responsible that the physical condition of the property is maintained to the SKPM standards. Responsible for all facilities service, repairs and leasing. Operate within our standards of safety, high quality customer service and efficient operations.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
Maintenance & Repairs:
- Supervising trades and suppliers and coordinate all facilities service and repairs pertaining to building and related equipment.
- Daily update maintenance requests status in Property Vista.
- Issue Purchase Requisitions (PRs) in Property Vista prior to schedule contractors upon Property Manager approval.
- Respond to all facility emergencies in a timely manner and submit Occurrence Reports on the same date if it is necessary.
- Investigate all requests for repairs in a timely manner of receiving a written request via Property Vista or email.
- Ensure that the building and its environment is clean by completing daily walk through.
- Supervise cleaning, snow removal and landscaping operations. Assist if needed as directed.
- Prioritize and conduct minor repairs (plumbing, lighting, etc, as directed).
- Pull out garbage/recycle/organic bins/totes to the designated area for pick up as per schedule.
- Remove old appliances, bring in new (spare) appliances as needed and directed.
- Order building supplies upon Property Manager approval and keep organized inventory.
- Thoroughly clean lobbies, laundry room and washroom, hallways (corridors), staircases, elevator cab, garbage chute and garbage rooms, including mopping and vacuuming of all floors, runners and furniture using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
- Cleaning, and wiping of all windows, doors, trims, baseboards, walls, floors in the common areas, including the tops and interiors of washers and dryers.
- Dust all lobby area light shades, table tops, picture frames, and elevator fans.
- Clean and polish all stainless steel.
- Ensure that all outdoor grounds are free of litter and pet debris. All trash/garbage cans are empty.
- Ensure that indoor/outdoor parking are free of litter and pet debris. All trash/garbage cans are empty.
- Maintain strong relationships with the tenants that reflect admirable customer service.
- Ensure prompt service to tenants and prospective tenants.
- Reasonably enforce the landlord’s rules and regulations.
- Serve 24 HRS notice of entry in timely manner for all scheduled maintenance and inspections.
- Deliver any communication, legal notice, or letter to residents.
Information & Relationship Management:
- Provide information about vacant suites to prospective residents and other relevant parties. Answer any questions from (prospective) residents in person, by phone and e-mail in a timely manner, pleasant and informative way.
- Schedule appointments with prospective residents, build a relationship and show vacant suites as directed by Leasing Agent and Property Manager.
- Fill out guest cards and daily traffic report. Report final results on a weekly basis to Property Manager.
- Follow up with completed guest cards for prospective tenants.
- Promote tenant retention by communicating effectively with existing residents and ensure, in close cooperation within the Property Management team, that resident issues are dealt with.
Leasing & Lease Administration:
- Answer all rental inquires via emails and calls within same day and book appointments with prospects.
- Provide prospective resident with the rental application link via Property Vista.
- Collect the First Month, Home Insurance Confirmation and signed parking/lockers forms if it’s applicable.
- Schedule Tenancy Agreement signing appointment with resident(s) have Tenancy Agreement signed by all relevant parties and perform move-in inspection.
- Notify applicants of the status of their application within two business days of completion.
- Organize and administer the residential referral program.
- Record all leased units, including vacate date, date leased and move in date (Incentive Program).
- Regularly inspect all vacant units to confirm clean, ready condition as directed by Property Manager.
- Weekly rent arrears collection including phoning, emailing, door knocking as directed.
- Same day rent cheques deposits to the bank. (applicable outside of GTA area)
- Ensure that all life safety systems are inspected as scheduled and that they are in working order and daily/monthly checklist is completed.
- Inspect all mechanical rooms (boiler, elevator and electrical rooms, etc.) on a daily basis and daily/monthly checklist is completed.
- Identify, report and schedule rectification of any safety hazard issues within facility and grounds.
- Inspect all sidewalks and driveways during winter season and correct any hazardous conditions and perform daily snow log.
- Work in close cooperation with tenants, vendors, contractors and Manager, Capital Projects.
- On-call rotation for buildings within area as per schedule and respond to emergency within 15 minutes maximum time frame.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum - High school Diploma (Grade 12).
- Preference: 3 to 5 years of technical and practical experience.
- Preference: Previous experience as Resident Manager.
Skills and abilities
- Actively support SKPM’s values of: Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect.
- Motivated to learn more and grow within this position.
- Looks for ways to improve processes.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Patient with the ability to listen to others.
- Takes initiative.
- Has a high tolerance to stress.
- Respectful of and compliant of rules and regulations (especially concerning safety).
- Sound judgment & decision making competencies.
- Strong planning and organization.
- Attention to details.
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods. Ability to frequently stop, bend, and kneel. Ability to lift and move objects weight up to 50lbs. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in a variety of environmental conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person