The Server is responsible for providing prompt and courteous food & beverage service to the customers patronizing in the Den.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Follows all established Food & Beverage Operating and Cash Handling Procedures.
- Provides prompt service by taking table orders for all food and beverage from the guests and serves in a professional and positive manner.
- Attends to all guest requests, being constantly aware of anticipating the guests’ needs.
- Have thorough menu knowledge.
- Handle cash, balancing float
- Daily inventory of liquor (open, stock & close)
- Order beer/wine/liquor as needed
- Communicates daily specials or promotions to guests.
- Helps to ensure the smooth running of all guest’s requirements and needs on each table.
- Clears and sets tables so they are ready for next guests and clear away any used cutlery and plates, etc. Ensures the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Checks cleanliness and responds to guest requests as required.
- Liaises with kitchen and communicates orders efficiently.
- Ensures customer concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner
- Restocks the service areas with condiments, plates, glasses, and other items needed to ensure smooth running of the outlet.
- Utilizes up-selling techniques to maximize outlet profitability.
- Complete daily side duties as assigned.
- Assists with daily, weekly and quarterly inventory.
- Reports, turns in, and/or logs all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Reports all concerns related to Engineering/Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound) immediately to the appropriate leader.
- Assists in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as directed.
- Adhere to all standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health & Safety, Security etc.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Job Specifications and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School diploma & ProServe
Experience: Previous serving experience is considered an asset.
Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, maintains confidentiality; Actively listens to others without interrupting or distractions; Maintains a positive attitude even in negative situations; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Versatile, able to work under stressful situations. Must be able to work well under pressure. Takes pride in a job well done.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions. Flexible to work a variety of shifts.
Innovation: Generates suggestions for improving work.
Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in English.
Lifting - Under 20lbs 50% of work time, Carrying - Under 20lbs 50% of work time, pulling – Under 20lbs 10% of work time, Bending, standing, reaching, and kneeling.
The work environment is a hotel setting, which has the following conditions: low-medium noise environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
Food industry setting:
- Banquet hall
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Smart Serve/ProServe (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person