For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a PCB CAD Designer or PCB Layout Technician on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Your role as a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) designer will be to support all the layout activities of rigid and flex PCB designs using a Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool. You will work under the supervision of highly-skilled engineers, senior technicians and technologists. You will interact with manufacturing, mechanical and electrical engineers to design highly-reliable PCB’s used in Aerospace applications.
- Supports design professionals to draft printed circuit board schematics.
- Assists CAD librarian in the administration of parts symbols, footprints and database entries.
- Creates PCB layer stack-ups that meet all design requirements.
- Places and routes components ensuring that all electrical and physical specifications meet the specific PCB design requirements.
- Works with interface constraints set by Mechanical Engineers to develop optimal layouts.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineers to ensure that all IPC standards and MDA requirements for manufacturing and assembly are met.
- Reworks PCB designs when design changes occur and assists the professional designers with ideas to resolve issues.
- Assists with the generation of drawings and documentation to manufacture and assemble the PCBs.
- AEC or DEC in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with EDA (Electronic Design Automation) CAD Layout design tools such as Mentor Graphics Xpedition (preferred), Cadence Allegro, PADS Layout, Altium, OrCAD, etc.
- Good understanding of PCB fabrication and assembly processes.
- Experience with high-density multilayer board designs, with a mix of high power, digital and RF circuitry.
- Ability to interface and clearly communicate with many different technical disciplines.
- Ideally fluent in French and English.
#LI-MJ1 #IND1 #Sp
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Equal opportunity statement:
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.