Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our International Corporate Tax team as a Senior Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll develop innovative strategies that enable clients to streamline processes, maximize efficiencies and minimize global tax liability while meeting their international reporting requirements.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams responsible for international corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, worldwide tax minimization strategies, and compliance matters for Canadian entities carrying on business in foreign jurisdictions and non-resident entities carrying on business in Canada
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex offshore tax and assurance issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables
- Assist organizations in determining the most effective corporate structure from a tax perspective in different countries; as well as assisting clients in choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing
- Perform due diligence or modeling related to potential acquisitions by Canadian entities of international subsidiaries, partnerships or other business operations
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks and ways to deliver added value; ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e. budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Maintain high quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries and reports
- Network with key referral sources/business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management, as well as the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation and completion of the In-Depth Tax course is required
- Master’s degree specializing in taxation, or Member of the Bar is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public practice, with a minimum of 5 years of experience specializing in Canadian international corporate tax compliance and consulting
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing tax concepts and tax efficiencies of cross-border flows
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship and leadership skills
- Strong strategic planning and conceptual thinking skills