Fan Experience Supervisor (Part-Time)
OEG Sports & Entertainment
About the Role:
Are you a friendly and passionate team player looking for an exciting part-time job in the fast-paced world of Sports and Entertainment? Become a part of our Fan Experience and Security team at Rogers Place. Our vision is to be a World Leader in Sports & Entertainment, and together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passions, which is ours as well!
Our Fan Experience and Security team provides world-class customer service that exceeds our guests’ expectations and creates unforgettable moments that last a lifetime. As a Supervisor within our Fan Experience and Security team, you will have an opportunity to create a welcoming and inclusive environment that brings the best fans in the country to their feet.
Your Focus in this Role:
- Make all our fans feel welcome by greeting them with our Signature Approach.
- Enhance Fan Experience through sharing and educating Rogers Place’s main services and products.
- Promote a safe, kind, and welcoming environment to all.
- Provide oversite, supervision and coaching to Fan Experience Hosts and Event Security Agents during events at ICE District venues (Rogers Place, Downtown Community Arena, and ICE Plaza and Fan Park), ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of service to employees, fans, clients and contractors.
- Comprehend the intricacies of crowd dynamics, individual behavior, and ensuring safety in large gatherings, while skillfully guiding appropriate and measured responses to various situations.
- Conduct pre-event briefing sessions ensuring Fan Experience Hosts and Event Security Agents are equipped with all necessary information and tools to execute a successful event.
- Build confidence in Fan Experience Hosts and Event Security Agents by empowering staff to make decisions, and offering positive and constructive feedback to ensure the best outcomes.
- Keep precise and comprehensive records of safety concerns, incidents, and events.
- Apply general knowledge of Rogers Place, Downtown Community Arena, ICE District policies and procedures for events.
Does this sound like you?
- You are energetic, friendly and deeply passionate about delivering “Unforgettable Moments”
- You thrive in a respectful and collaborative environment and enjoy working independently and as part of a team
- You have previous customer service, leadership and supervisory experience
- You are a creative thinker with the ability to visualize ways to improve processes and procedures
- You portray patience and can communicate with discretion, diplomacy, and tact when handling sensitive situations
- You are available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- You are comfortable working outdoors to support our outdoor events in our Ice District Plaza and Fan Park!
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Valid First Aid, with CPR/AED or equivalent (St. John’s, Red Cross, Emergency Medical Planning Canada – GMCC) is an asset
- Ability to obtain ProServe and ProTect through the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC)
- Proficient written and oral skills
- Ability to proactively handle emergency and high-stress situations
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team.
Stay in Touch!
Official Edmonton Oilers Website | NHL.com