Thomax is a leading developer of cloud- based warehouse and transport management software for clients within Australia, where the head office is based, Canada, and internationally with our technology powering millions of parcel movements annually across a wide range of sectors and businesses.
We are actively seeking an experienced Project Manager who’s also comfortable functioning as a Business Analyst if / when the need arises. The expectation is also to manage the customer relationships and develop new opportunities where applicable across the existing customers. This role will require you to be working from the customer sites as needed. Valid driver`s license and personal motor vehicle is required.
The ideal candidate has previous warehousing, distribution or logistic experience.
While this role will be performed remotely from home, you must be based in Ontario or New Brunswick.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work autonomously and with no handholding.
- Experienced in implementing and ensuring that team is adhering to the industry best practice methodologies and frameworks to reinforce and guarantee project / portfolio success. And playing the role of the primary custodian of the process or methodology practiced/embraced on the project.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders across geographies and with customer stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to organise and conduct effective meetings internally and with customers.
- High energy work ethic and never say die attitude.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Successful track record of customer delivery projects.
- Experience with various delivery methodologies, such as Agile, Waterfall or hybrid.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to run product demos to the customer while not essential would be a nice to have.
- Experience in facilitation, diplomacy, and conflict resolution.
- Understand team dynamics and can apply collaborative problem-solving techniques.
- Comfortable working actively towards achieving KPIs based on billability and revenue targets.
Responsibilities and desired traits as a project manager
- Ability to manage multiple client relationships and projects simultaneously from initiation through to closure and be accountable for the successful delivery of all projects / work streams on-time, within budget and to mutually agreed quality expectations.
- Assemble and manage multi-disciplined project teams with onshore and offshore project resources with direct responsibility of resource optimisation and project profitability.
- Ensure project financials are accurately reflected on the Project Portfolio Delivery Reporting, with perfect alignment with the global billing practices and cycles.
- Responsible for the personal billable utilisation and the overall billability of the project / work-stream and the resources deployed.
- Accountable for project and workstream estimation.
- Accurate, timely reporting of the project/portfolio status both internally and to the customer stakeholders.
- Ensure the fulfilment of all customer contractual requirements, manage contract negotiations and conflict resolution.
- Sufficient technical experience required to provide credible leadership to implementation teams and to accurately evaluate project requirements, risk and issues as well as to develop mitigation and contingency plans.
Responsibilities and desired traits as a Business Analyst
- Be expected to work with subject matter experts (Internally / Customer) to understand, propose, educate and help implement new business processes through business operations and new systems. This position will work to continually understand business requirements, document them in standard formats, obtain internal / customer approval and work them seamlessly into the bigger picture.
- Possess planning and organisation skills to develop and lead discovery workshop during new rollout as well as ongoing customer engagements.
- Carryout scope verification and Internal Acceptance Testing before inviting the customer to test.
- A detailed understanding of solutions modelling using UML and a broad toolkit of analysis methods/artefacts with a concrete grasp of which of them is appropriate to use when expressing requirements depending on the audience.
- Ability to understand new changes to the scope and have the necessary discussions with internal and customer stakeholders before appending them to the original scope. Also be comfortable to communicate the timeline and schedule deviations as a result back to the customer executives for approvals.
- Elicit, evaluate, prioritise, analyse, and document client's business needs and requirements.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience within the Warehousing, distribution and Logistics domain is a definite plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ICT, preferably working for WMS, ERP or a CRM SaaS vendor.
- Degree in computer science or related field is strongly desired.
- Industry-recognised qualification such as PMI-PMP, IIBA-CCBA or CBAP or other equivalent would be beneficial.
- Expert in developing complex project schedules in Microsoft Project or similar tools.
- Prior experience working with a PPM tool in a PMO setting would be highly advantageous.
Whilst the usual work time is during normal business hours Monday through Friday, responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends to meet timelines agreed with the customers at times with little or no advance notice.
Occasional interprovincial and international travel might be required on a short notice.
Successful applicant should provide a satisfactory national police check.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a driver`s license and
a motor vehicle?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person