At Avina, we strive to provide the best working environment for our team by ensuring a work-life balance, opportunities for recognition and growth, and an overall supportive and positive environment. We highly value our team of staff who are like family to us and aim to promote diversity, respect and a long-term career for our employees.
We are an organization dedicated to sourcing and processing quality mushrooms to meet our customer's needs. Our employees an integral part of our company. They play a key role in continuous improvement and are committed to delivering quality food.
We are recruiting a Farm Supervisor to join our team!
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers, produce (mushrooms) packers and harvesting labourers
- Supervise and oversee growing, harvesting procedures and other crop-related operations
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures, may be required to attend regular meetings
- Maintain quality control and production records
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are being followed at all times by workers
- Train new employees and assist workers in their duties as needed
- Oversee the overall handling of produce to ensure production meets the highest quality of standards for the company
- Other duties assigned by Farm Manager
Working & Physical Capabilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, that may be physically demanding with repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to work in various work environments: wet, damp, strong odours, dust, cold/refrigerated environments
- Ability to supervise up to 15 employees, and handle various situations under pressure as a supervisor
- Ability to read text, numeracy, problem solving, time management and customer relations skills
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be able to read, write and speak basic English.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of farming experience
- Extended Health Benefits
- Annual performance reviews
- Team building
- Opportunities for recognition & growth
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour (depending on experience), 40-60 hours per week.
28319 58 AVE
Abbotsford, BC V4X 2E8
We look forward to receiving your applications!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Farm Supervisor: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person