Private Equity Senior Fund Accountant - Vancouver
Pinnacle Fund Services (Pinnacle) is a privately-owned company headquartered in Vancouver, that provides high quality accounting and administrative services to hedge funds, private equity funds, and other investment funds in Canada, the United States and internationally. Pinnacle provides clients with responsive service and provides employees with a dynamic workplace and career growth potential. To deliver service to our growing client base, Pinnacle is seeking candidates for a Senior Fund Accountant to join our Private Equity Team.
The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for leading the full-cycle NAV production process for a private equity client portfolio and will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to Pinnacle’s growth. As part of the Private Equity Team you will work with close-ended Funds specializing in private equity, private debt, real estate and venture capital.
We are seeking strong team players, outgoing individuals, who possess a strong work ethic and can take initiative in a growing entrepreneurial company. If you have some previous fund administration experience or experience in the fund industry and want to grow your career in Fund Administration, this role is for you. Please note this will be a remote role.
- Acting as the main point of contact to manage multiple client relationships
- Assisting with the preparation and/or review of net asset value calculations on a timely basis, which includes:
- Recording capital activity such as capital calls & distributions
- Recording cash activity and performing cash reconciliations
- Recording and reconciling investment trading activity
- Pricing portfolios (including derivatives, stocks, and bonds) in accordance with funds’ offering documents
- Ensuring fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued for and are in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Preparing Investor Statements and contract notes
- Preparation of financial statements
- Coordinating year-end audit and tax reporting requests with client and auditors
- Responding to ad-hoc reporting requests as required by clients
- Ability to manage own time and workload effectively ensuring both internal and external deadlines are met
- Ability to manage client inbox’s by responding to queries in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize client and internal requests and determine which require escalating to their Manager
- Ability to independently problem solve to provide suggestions/solutions to their Manager
Desired skills and experience
- Prior fund accounting experience/FS audit experience of at least 1-2 years is required
- Knowledge of closed ended funds desired but not required
- Accounting designation desired, but not required
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities, and constant change
- Ability to allocate time effectively and manage tight deadlines
- Prior experience with PFS-Paxus is desired, but not required
Why Pinnacle Fund Services?
At Pinnacle Fund Services, we're committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that supports their health, well-being, and professional growth. Here are some of the perks and benefits that set us apart:
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Employer Match Program
- Educational Support
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work-Life Balance
- Remote Firm, with some in-office days with purpose (learn, build relationships, collaborate & socialize)
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, working with senior management directly
Thank you for your interest in Pinnacle Fund Services. We look forward to meeting you and learning about your next steps in your career.