Be a part of something bigger– help facilitate excellence in healthcare in Canada by improving people’s access, efficiency, and experience with diagnostic imaging. Through our 16 state-of-the-art clinics, Mayfair Diagnostics delivers high-quality diagnostic imaging and services, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic, and interventional procedures in communities across Calgary and in Saskatchewan.
The Operations team supports the overall mission and goals of Mayfair Diagnostics. Mayfair Diagnostics’ mission is to provide the highest quality of diagnostic services to our patients, in partnership with hospitals and community practitioners. This is achieved through attracting and developing outstanding clinical and support staff, investing in state-of-the-art technology, and improving access by leveraging our digital infrastructure and multijurisdictional clinic network.
Reporting to the Executive Committee, the Vice President, Operations (VP, Ops) provides overall senior level leadership, delivery, and support in both the radiologist operations/teleradiology and clinical operations areas while providing ground level operational support to the multiple Mayfair locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. This role is responsible for providing strategic leadership, management, and vision on the company’s current and future radiologist operational/teleradiology and clinical operational needs necessary to establish and execute on operational goals, strategic plans, and policies.
The VP, Ops ensures that the company has the proper strategies and programs in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure fiscal responsibility and operational efficiency. This role also oversees the Radiologist Operations/Teleradiology team that is accountable for operational processes and workflows for Radiologists and Teleradiology clients as well as radiologist scheduling, workforce planning, radiologist onboarding and licensing.
While this role interacts with employees and managers at all levels of the organization, the focus is on supporting the Executive Committee, contributing as an important member of the Leadership Team, and providing support and development for the Operations teams including those in clinic-based Leadership roles.
Our mission at Mayfair is to improve people's lives, one focused image and one caring compassionate human touch at a time.
Mayfair Diagnostics is owned and operated by over 50 radiologists and employing more than 400 employees. We have been leading the way in delivering specialized and diverse medical imaging services using state-of-the-art technology since 1911.
How Our Employees Describe Mayfair:
- I feel connected to my team. My role is valued.
- I am empowered to try new things.
- I have the opportunity to do what I do best.
- I enjoy coming to work every day and see a future here.
- I have a sense of pride in our company and I tell others that I’m glad to be at Mayfair.
Mayfair Administration - Hybrid role. In office and work from home
37.5 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic plans that align with Mayfair’s overarching mission and objectives. This is inclusive of workforce planning.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and interdisciplinary approach, promoting engagement and a holistic view of patient care while maintaining Mayfair’s esteemed reputation.
- Serves as the contract manager for the Calgary zone professional services contract with Alberta Health Services
- Understand the local competitive markets in which Mayfair competes, as well as the overall Canadian landscape, to enable the development of and implementation of a field operational strategy which will help the Partnership meet its overall business plans and objectives. Must be forward looking to plan and deliver the next generation of clinical locations and services.
- The VP Ops has full P & L responsibility and overall direction for clinical operations. Assist in developing and implementing performance metrics for clinics which optimize operational capabilities, support growth plans and improve margins and other key performance indicators in a data driven manner.
- Establishing, directing, and achieving the Operational strategic plan, and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the Operations Department based on direction from key strategic direction from executive.
- Drive operational efficiency and financial growth, leveraging data-driven decision-making to optimize resources and operational processes.
- Responsible for creating and implementing an operational data analytics strategy with support from other members of the Leadership Team.
- Accountable for leading or assisting others on the Leadership Team with strategies for emerging technology investigation and implementation. This includes both hardware and software.
- Keenly involved in championing change and leading transformation culture, business, and customer (patient) change.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure operational procedures that are designed to improve operational performance relative to quality, cost and patient service and are compliant.
- Participate in business development activities in the field as required and participate in developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manages and leads a team of operations professionals within their respective functional areas to achieve goals, objectives, and career development plans, while ensuring operational excellence within the team
- VP will be responsible for overseeing and setting objectives and career development plans for all department Managers and supporting the Managers in these processes with their respective teams.
- This includes accountability for development and implementation of a succession plan for the operations team that must be reviewed and updated annually and presented to the Executive Team and the Vice President, Human Resources.
- Develop a high performing team. Provide leadership to cross-functional work group to ensure teamwork, inclusion, and implementation of best practices. Provide opportunities for employee development to make sure the clinical operations team has the skill sets necessary for success in future operational models.
- Passion and knowledge to drive leadership accountability by fostering a culture for continuous improvement and evaluating and executing on actions that align the company’s overall strategy.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the Director of Operations, ensuring consistency and excellence in patient care across all clinics.
- Acts as a role model for Mayfair’s mission, vision, and values.
- This role may include oversight of the Customer Contact Centre (CCC) in the future. The CCC has a fulsome leadership team that manages day-to-day operations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the areas of teleradiology and radiologist operations based on direction and guidance from the Executive Radiologist Partner.
- Establishing, directing, and achieving the Radiologist Operational/Teleradiology strategic plan, and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the department based on direction from key strategic direction from the Executive Committee.
- Manages and leads a team of radiologist operations/teleradiology professionals within their respective functional areas to achieve goals, objectives, and career development plans, while ensuring operational excellence within the team
- Develop a high performing team. Provide leadership to cross-functional work group to ensure teamwork, inclusion, and implementation of best practices. Provide opportunities for employee development to make sure the team has the skill sets necessary for success in future operational models.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures operational and quality assurance processes and workflows, as well as workload distribution and scheduling are optimized for both teleradiology clients and radiologists based on ongoing feedback from these stakeholders.
- Accountable at the highest level for radiologists onboarding and licensing processes
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the Radiologist Operations/Teleradiology Manager, ensuring consistency and service excellence.
- This includes overseeing and setting objectives and career development plans for the Manager and supporting the manager in these processes with their team.
- This includes accountability for development and implementation of a succession plan for the team that must be reviewed and updated annually and presented to the Executive Team and the Vice President, Human Resources.
- Ensures teleradiology contracts are managed, reviewed, and renewed on a cyclical basis and all service level agreement targets are achieved across provinces.
- Forecasts radiologist workforce planning (current and long term) to ensure that adequate and suitable resources are available to meet the needs of the organization.
- Support the manager to assess radiologist operational issues from a broader organizational perspective and identify effective resolutions.
- Oversee the on-boarding and licensing processes for all radiologists joining the organization.
- Seasoned and experienced Operation leader with direct healthcare experience preferably in diagnostic imaging.
- Have a passion for quality patient service and the end user experience at Mayfair Diagnostics for both employees and patients.
- Proven organization skills including preparing management reports, presentations, and action plans.
- Proven strengths in team building, oral communications, and meetings management.
- Capable of defining and accomplishing strategies and tactics that will support the desired growth.
- Capable of delivering progressive strategies that meet the demands of a fast-paced, high-demand environment.
- Define, govern, and implement standard project management processes and best practices using industry standard methodologies including change management.
- Experience in organization schemes and procedures required to implement critical projects.
- Have the capability and flexibility to quickly understand the culture of the organization and manage the required changes in the firm to achieve the goals, while maintaining its origin and essence.
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Possesses a strong business acumen with a deep understanding of business principles.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations, monitors delegated activities, and holds people accountable.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Exercise judgment and discretion.
- Proven ability to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities.
- Decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to perform public presentations in an effective and organized manner.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Commercial consciousness to understand the key issues of the organization to impact profitability and growth.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in healthcare administration, business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of senior management experience in health care, with a preference for diagnostic imaging.
- Demonstrated success in operational management, strategic planning, and driving revenue and profitability growth.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a commitment to fostering inclusive work environments.
- Outstanding communication, relationship-building, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with multi-unit, and multi province operations is an asset.
- Superior people management and development capabilities. Able to establish open door communication with front line ensuring an ongoing presence.
Mayfair Diagnostics (formerly Radiology Consultants Associated) is owned and operated by over 50 radiologists and employing more than 400 employees. We have been leading the way in delivering specialized and diverse medical imaging services using state-of-the-art technology since 1911. Mayfair offers private exams at our Mayfair Place and Regina Centre Crossing locations, and proudly serves more than 700,000 patients and provides more than 90,000 teleradiolgy interpretations each year.
Our vision is a world in which every person has clarity about their health. We are focused on the needs of our local communities in partnership with physicians and hospitals. We know that our employees are the key to our company's success and future growth. If you're a person who is motivated to go above and beyond, inspired by working with the best, and compelled to do the right thing, our organization is the right choice for you.
Mayfair Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. Accommodations for disability-related needs throughout the recruitment and selection process are available upon request. Any information provided by you for accommodations will be kept confidential and won’t be used in the selection process.
Mayfair collects, uses, and discloses your personal information in accordance with the provisions set out in Alberta's Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada (PIPEDA). These provisions may include but are not limited to:
- Confirm certifications and qualifications
- Perform reference checks
- Contacting candidates to schedule zoom, telephone, and in-person interviews
- On successful employment, transfer of relevant information provided to create an employee record in Dayforce, our Human Resources Information System
- Upon hire, submit background screening through a third-party provider, Sterling Talent Solutions.
If you have any questions regarding Mayfair’s policy on collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]