Requisition ID: 344857
Position Number: 20012198
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Department / Unit: Home Care Assiniboine South
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 09/11/2023
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.25
Annual Base Hours: 1885
Salary: $36.355, $37.594, $38.989, $40.394, $41.886, $43.432, $45.117, $46.890, $48.698, $50.143
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Case Coordinator will determine program eligibility and assess the need for care at home or in a personal care home for the elderly or infirm adult. He/she will coordinate the delivery of a broad range of professional and non-professional services based on the Case Coordinator Guidelines. Acts as a liaison and maintains communication with agencies and facilities involved with the client group.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives referrals and proceeds with assessment of client and family to determine care needs related to Home Care.
- Performs assessment and prioritization of patterns/needs.
- Establishes appropriate discipline coordinator.
- Develops a plan of care for Continuing Care Program including statements of client need, objectives, service provision and evaluation criteria.
- Takes responsibility for implementing and coordinating care plan, which may include initiating medical rehabilitation and consultative services as necessary to meet client needs.
- Provides professional intervention where appropriate through professional counseling/teaching/guidance crisis intervention, etc.
- Maintains current case count: ensures proper submission of statistics.
- Plans and organizes work schedule and manages caseload demands effectively.
- Utilizes consultation and supervision.
- Gathers data regarding resources and resource needs related to caseload/community.
- Participates with other staff in interpreting the program and resources provided through the Continuing Care Program to the public and/or other agencies.
- Takes initiative to establish and maintain liaison with the local health care services and the informal community resource network.
- Participates in educational development when required of new staff, students and related to the program.
- Keeps current developments within own discipline as these relate to the Continuing Care Program.
- Two years directly related community experience preferred.
- Previous experience as a Case Coordinator in Community Health Services preferred.
- Experience with EFT implementation considered as asset.
- BSW, OT, PT, BSc PN, RPN, BN, RN, SLP, RD or related health/human service degree required.
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
- Licensure/registration as per professional designation required.
- If successful applicant is a Registered Dietitian, must be a graduate of a recognized dietetic internship program accredited by Dietitians of Canada.
- Knowledge and experience with computers required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.