Genoa Design International is currently recruiting for (2) Engineering (Project Management) Students to join our Project Management Team for the upcoming Winter 2024 (Junauary-April) semester!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of more than 250 designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, the successful candidate will assist in a variety of tasks which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the Project Management Office and Project Teams supporting the areas of Planning, Estimating, Monitoring/Controlling, Forecasting, and Change Management.
- Assisting team members with the change management process including internal and external Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Assisting with the development of project controls documentation including procedures and process workflows.
- Assisting with development of proposals, work breakdown structures, and estimates.
- Assisting with basic planning and cost control functions as directed by team leaders or members.
- Assisting with implementation of Risk Management processes.
- Project management data manipulation, input, and formatting with respect to budgets, estimates, cost-loading, planning, status reporting, etc.
- Overall, assisting the Directors/Associate Directors with planning and reporting progress of improvement initiatives, preparation of information/data for risk reviews, data analysis and presentation sessions, development of communication material, development of stakeholder maps, development of process maps, work instructions and supporting other change or improvements activities for the organization.
- If aplicable, will assist in sponsoring related training.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Must be currently enrolled in an Engineering Co-Operative or Internship program (Civil, Ocean and Naval Architecture, Mechanical)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multi-discipline environment.
- Aptitude for quality assurance and process or workflow development.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and creation of graphics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management Principles (e.g. Management of Change, project planning, etc.), business development, and quality assurance experience considered an asset but not required.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
At Genoa Design, we thrive when our students succeed. We take pride in providing exposure to the industry and an experience that is meaningful, memorable, and fun-filled!
We provide all students with great perks and benefits:
- A one-time travel allowance to help offset the costs associated with travel to and from the office.
- A flexible work schedule.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Stocked kitchen.
- Delicious catered lunches from local businesses and treat trolley.
- Engaging team builder activities.
- Volunteer hours and community engagement opportunities.
- Rewards and recognition for a job-well done.
In addition, Genoa provides students with the opportunity to part take in a presentation at the end of your work term to showcase your achievements and what you’ve learned!
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to [email protected]
and we would be happy to assist!