Big Freight Systems is an award winning transportation and logistics outfit who have been in the business for 73 years.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Growth opportunities
We are looking for a Planner to join our team and help us develop and execute strategies to achieve our organizational goals. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, budgeting, and data analysis. The Planner will be responsible for researching and analyzing data, developing plans and strategies, and coordinating with other departments to ensure successful implementation of projects. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is detail-oriented and passionate about making an impact.
1 -Effectively plan all orders, proactively coordinate freight and assets, maximize Driver and equipment utilization.
- Identify orders to be planned, match with available equipment and Drivers, while balancing the needs of drivers, customers and the company alike.
- Minimize operational costs and assist in revenue generation
- Maintain and apply knowledge of compliance, company policies, transportation rules, regulations and restrictions
- Review and track inactive assets on a daily and weekly basis
- Create proactive plans to ensure customer pick ups and trailer pool requirements are met in a timely fashion
- Ensure all pick ups and deliveries are done in a timely fashion, meeting or exceeding the customer’s expectations
- Provide daily direction basis to ISRs & Fleet Managers re areas of concern or areas to focus on in order to maximize revenues and fleet utilization
- Source out back haul opportunities to minimize deadhead and maximize profitability
2 -Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships throughout the Company.
- Communicate dispatch instructions via satellite to Driver
- Coordinate all repairs and safeties with Maintenance
- Coordinate all customer needs with ISR’s
- Coordinate and communicate Winnipeg P& D services
- Coordinate with Driver Orientation return home trips for new recruits
- Communicate, coordinate and prioritize daily requirements for Operations Yard Personnel
- Formulate operational plans with Brokerage to best balance Driver, asset and freight imbalances.
3- Build and Maintain Strong Collaborative External relationships
- Provide daily capacity to core Leisure Product customers
- Liaise with Leisure product DC’s to identify and resolve problems
- Meet regularly with all levels of core leisure product business to determine trends and potential issues , with the focus on redeploying assets to offset the volatility of the leisure product business.
4 - Miscellaneous
- Monitor Corporate RPM targets to ensure continual compliance
- Identify and resolve problems
- Achieve all team goals and objectives
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Maintain a current and accurate job manual
- Other duties and projects as assigned
The successful candidate should:
Have at least 3 years of planning experience in a long-haul transportation environment
Be flexible allowing for various shifts and workdays.
Strong computer skills.
Customer service focus
Exceptional organizational & problem solving skills
Exceptional planning and organizing
Problem assessment and problem solving
Attention to detail and accuracy
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Steinbach, MB R5G 1A6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person