Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $37.01 - $53.20 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 45,000 medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Patient Experience and Chief Nursing and Allied Health Officer or designate, the Business Analyst is responsible for providing financial and business advisory services to Professional Practice. Reviews, analyses, and interprets financial, human resource, and operational information and performs data analysis and assessment of performance metrics and evaluation data related to a variety of Professional Practice programs and initiatives. Coordinates the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a variety of initiatives as set by the Executive Director/Directors to improve business operations. Assists with refining existing work processes; develops business cases and supporting documents, briefing papers, strategic and tactical reports for Professional Practice leadership. Oversees related projects including assigned project resources as required and monitors project plans; ensures plans are aligned with best practices in support of Fraser Health and Professional Practice objectives.
- Reviews and analyzes Professional Practice financial, statistical and costing information, and assesses operational performance in relation to budget and best practice; provides assessment results and recommendations on appropriate courses of action to Executive Director/Directors for the purpose of implementing corrections or improvements.
- Working in collaboration with Fraser Health's Financial Analysts/Managers, works with and supports Directors in the preparation and reporting of their operating and capital budgets; provides advice, interpretation and resource support to the department in the use and application of costing, budgeting and performance reporting information.
- Coordinates work activities related to data collection and the production of key performance metrics reports and evaluation measures related to Professional Practice programs and initiatives. Performs data analysis including extracting and evaluating data against program objectives and providing assessment of outcomes. Collaborates with Fraser Health's Integrated Analytics and other stakeholders.
- Verifies the accuracy, consistency and integrity of data and contents of reports and documents; provides detailed multi-source data analysis, interpretation and advice by compiling and reviewing financial, human resource, clinical and operational data.
- Provides support to Professional Practice in the analysis and costing of new programs and program changes.
- Acts as a resource to Professional Practice by preparing and sharing information and supporting material on budgeting, financial reports, responsibility reporting and operating performance, including orientation for new Directors and Leaders within Professional Practice as required.
- Develops business cases and prepares supporting documents, briefing papers, strategic and tactical reports for Professional Practice leadership and eventual submission to Fraser Health Executive and other stakeholders.
- Provides a periodic analysis of financial statement variances and activity measures.
- Manages, interprets and evaluates key performance metrics/indicators and a balanced scorecard for various Fraser Health programs within Professional Practice as appropriate; tracks and reports on the impact of improvement initiatives upon performance indicators.
- Leads related business projects within Professional Practice as assigned including preparing and monitoring budget allocation and resources for projects, ensuring efficient utilization of financial resources, and assisting Executive Director/Directors on initiatives related to service model changes.
- Prepares reports and documents procedures on work and business processes or projects; ensures reporting and monitoring requirements are met; responds to ad-hoc requests as required.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Health or Business Administration, Finance or related field. Five (5) years of recent related experience in data and financial analysis, decision support and/or health care management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Ability to analyze multi-source clinical, human resource, administrative and financial data.
- Ability to develop effective performance metrics and provide advice and rationale to program leadership.
- Strong understanding of financial and budgeting systems and principles.
- Ability to exercise good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong software skills including spreadsheet, word processing, database, presentation and other applicable applications such as Checkbox.
- Significant ability to learn new processes and techniques and incorporate them into the workplace.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.