We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Technology Delivery / Partner Management covers planning and delivery of functions or services within segment CIO groups and/or across Infrastructure Technology Solutions (ITS). While investing heavily in nurturing business, client and partner relationships for end-to-end delivery of technology solutions or services, these professionals also oversee and directly manage multiple specialized functional teams (e.g. Application Development, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Support, Project Management etc.) and seamlessly manage ongoing infrastructure support and shared services to segment CIOs, business leaders and various TD stakeholders. Let’s not forget they communicate the technology organization’s overall book of work and manage stakeholder expectations. It’s a big and busy mandate.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to manage a team of IT professionals as they drive planning and delivery of functions or services within segment CIO groups and across Infrastructure. You will spend some of your time facilitating and developing technology forecasts and total cost estimates and deliverables for business leaders and internal partners. You’ll be valued for your expertise and strength in providing strategic counsel. There’s certainly ample opportunity for you and your team to work with inspiring leaders and immerse yourselves in initiatives that are meaningful and make an impact.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Manage cross-functional team of IT professionals to support assigned partner requirements.
- Responsible for project delivery for application sets within their scope, commissioning projects to be executed by technology project managers.
- Establish day-to-day management direction, define priorities and strategies consistent with business goals and aligned to the technology leadership team’s direction.
- Communicate business vision, goals and portfolio priorities to team members (e.g. Application Owners / Development Managers, Business Systems Analysis, Platform / Service and/or Technology Project Managers etc.).
- Develop impact assessments, manage delivery schedules, perform risk assessments to consistently manage operational processes (time reporting).
- Work with project managers to ensure they comply with the capacity forecasting process; report on portfolio progress, status, overall health and individual applications.
- Assess issues or change requests, determine what to report.
- Manage vendor relationships, communicate promptly and accurately, resolve issues, monitor financials (e.g. against contracts).
- Work on project risk and scope assessments; help clients, project managers, and vendors produce broad project plans, budgets, and deliverables.
- Engage with IT leadership to reinforce focus on reusability, scalability and enterprise-wide solutions (and to maximize returns on product suites).
- Measure, monitor projects, stay within budget, meet or exceed expectations.
- Assess work plans, identify scheduling issues, report and escalate, as needed.
- Track deliverables; share updates; support initiatives aimed at cost reduction and faster time-to-market.
- Ensure there’s understanding of operational, reputational, and intellectual risks, advise to minimize, escalate if necessary.
- Know the competition, customer and industry trends, innovation; pinpoint relevant research opportunities.
- Maintain high level of customer service, ensure commitments are met; recommend appropriate actions to enhance service levels, through effective service level management practices/ agreements.
- Ensure business requirement understanding and apply knowledge to prioritize new and existing project delivery.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
Graduate Degree preferred.
7+ years relevant experience.
Knowledge and experience with batch mainframe applications, SAS and SQL server applications.
Strong organizational ,planning an communication skills needed to work on multiple initiatives at a given time.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of business and bank technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications, platforms, services) and managing people and projects.
Knowledge of external competition, industry and/or market trends in relation to your own business.
Ability to manage multiple teams and projects with increasing degree of complexity and broad scope (e.g., multi-function within business line).
Willingness, motivation and ability to work independently (and autonomously) in the management of projects, teams and operational discipline, and can develop strategic thinking and planning throughout work plan execution (short- to medium-term business perspective).
Proficiency in managing system enhancements, new releases or projects of moderate scope and complexity.
Readiness to manage or lead a group (e.g., <25) (e.g., developers, analysts, specialists, administrators, project managers).
Design and develop resolutions, plans and strategies for operational advancement.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD we’re guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!