Full Job Description
Reporting to the Band Manager, the Director of Finance will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the financial administration systems of Gwa’sala-‘Nakwaxda’xw Nation to ensure all policies and procedures are operating effectively.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that operations are conducted under the Nation's policies, regulations, and legislations
- Evaluating the financial administration systems and recommend improvements
- Administering and maintaining all charts of accounts
- Preparing the draft annual budgets
- Coordinating and providing guidance for financial planning, including multi-year financial plans
- Preparing and supervising monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Interpreting financial information and recommend further courses of action
- Monitoring compliance with all applicable policies and procedures
- Safeguarding assets and mitigating risks
- Monitoring financial performance and develop metrics / projections
- Coordinating with various other departments to develop future plans
- Recruiting, training, and managing team members
Successful applicants will need a CPA designation as well as a degree or diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Accounting, or any related field. An MBA and experience working in First Nation Finance would be considered an asset.
Experience leading a team in finance in any capacity, as well as strong coaching skills, will be required for the role. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of and respect for Indigenous culture, and a knowledge and understanding of AANDC policies and procedures. In addition, it is essential that you have advanced proficiency with accounting and financial software programs. Lastly, candidates with excellent communication skills and outstanding attention to details will thrive in this role.
In recognition of the hard work and determination required, the successful applicant can expect a generous compensation and benefits package.
Applications by email to [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- Are you able to relocate to Port Hardy, B.C?
- How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: On the road