Position: Staff Writer, Offside
Daily Hive has an opportunity for a creative and ambitious individual to join our Content Department in Vancouver full-time as a Sports Writer. Reporting to the National Sports Editor, you will work with our Content Department and be a key player in the day-to-day running of our network.
The Sports Writer is responsible for creating content that is compelling, concise, and relevant to our audience. An ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of the Vancouver Canucks, as well as other teams and sports relevant to our Canadian audience, in addition to superb writing and creative skills.
- Write multiple sports articles per day, which can be local or national in scope, and often timely in nature.
- Increase the credibility of the company through quality, trustworthy, and ethical work.
- Find creative and engaging story ideas geared to Daily Hive’s audience.
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include but is not limited to online research, making phone calls, and attending games, practices, and events.
- Keep up to date with sports news and events happening in Vancouver, as well as staying up to date with the conversation on social media.
- Ensure articles written follow company guidelines and are ready for senior editorial staff to publish.
- Monitor engagement of articles and accept feedback from the editorial team in order to make necessary improvements or adjustments to work.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry professionals.
- 2+ years of experience writing for an online publication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional sports knowledge is a must.
- Strong understanding of social media and its importance to journalism.
- Experience using WordPress.
- Medical/dental/vision benefits starting after three months.
- Hybrid work environment with the ability to work remotely.
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off.
- 11 mandatory paid days off per year (Flex Days) to allow you to prioritize your health.
- Ability to be part of a fast growing company with a fun team and work culture and opportunities for growth.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your resume as a PDF.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.