We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time Safety Coordinator to promote and foster a strong safety culture within our group of companies. The right candidate will have a good attitude, work ethic, and promote positive attitude towards safety, safe work practices, and environmental stewardship, as well as help to administer the Health and Safety program with the objective of minimizing incidents, injuries, and environmental damage. This position will be mostly field based and travel to job sites will be required on a frequent basis (up to 75%). If this sounds like you, send us your resume!
A little about each company…
Tri-Core Projects Ltd. is a Manitoba based general contractor and construction company. Our operations include demolition, site preparation, excavation, underground service installation and remediation services, as well as utility installation.
Quantum Utilities Ltd. is an industry leader in design-build telecommunications infrastructure. We offer full turn-key solutions for fibre optic coaxial and wireless communications. We work closely with our clients to provide the most efficient and reliable deployments.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a leader in continuous improvement of positive safety culture.
- Aid in the administration of the Health and Safety Program in collaboration with other OHS professionals and the Health and Safety Committee.
- Work closely with Management and Supervisors ensuring their workers comply with safety legislation while at work.
- Conduct Field Level Risk Assessments, Hazard IDs, and Safe Work Observations as required.
- Provide health and safety related information, instruction, and training including safety orientations.
- Be proactive in the identification of hazards and implementing corrective measures.
- Participate in inspections and the implementation of corrective measures.
- Participate in incident investigations and provide recommended corrective measures.
- Help to manage incident reporting trends and statistics.
- Assist in maintaining and enhance the COR program.
- Participate in emergency preparedness plans, fire drills and emergency evacuations.
- Liaise with Workplace Health and Safety and governing bodies as needed.
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient safety equipment is available to all employees.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in safety or related field
- OHS Certificate or equivalent.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required and other safety compliance software such as SiteDocs, ISN, Avetta, Comply Works and Cognibox will be considered an asset.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Effective time management skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written as well as electronically.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is required.
- NCSO/GSC/CRST designations are an asset.
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset.
We aspire to have a culture and are equal opportunity employer who believe that people are our most important asset and strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce, as such, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and members of a visible minority.
We offer a competitive wage along with a comprehensive benefit package, such as:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Job related training
- Remote work
- Employer RRSP matching
- Scholarships for dependents
If you are an enthusiastic and hard-working individual who is interested in being a part of our safety team, then we want to hear from you.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
We thank all that apply. We will only contact those who we have short-listed. Only those eligible to work in Canada need apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$62,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- Safety or construction related: 3 years (required)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 2023-06-12