At Punchcard, we are in the process of inventing a new type of consulting agency, and we need great people to come along this journey with us. Our clients come to us to help them solve interesting challenges using technology. We are scaling our team and are looking for a Product Manager to advise clients on their products from concept to completion.
The path in which we move as a team from concept to completion is an ever evolving and constantly improving process that requires a deft hand to define, plan, delegate, track, review, and measure results to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. You will work with our clients and project delivery teams to ensure product objectives goals are met and the final delivery wows our customers.
As a Product Manager, you will be a trusted advisor on strategies that enable our teams to deliver valuable outcomes to our clients and their customers. Bringing together your business, design, and customer-oriented mindset you will be collaborating closely with clients to determine the best course of action for building their product. Your primary tasks will be to maintain the product vision by understanding what problems we are solving, why they should be solved, and defining a strategic roadmap for launching a successful product. You’ll work closely with UX designers, technical leads, and digital project managers to ensure that the delivered solution aligns to the client vision. As the key contact for the client relationship, you’ll continue to advise them on product enhancements, strategic evolutions, and relevant insights throughout the product life cycle.
We always look for talented people that we can help grow within our organization, so don’t worry if you don’t think you’re a perfect fit for the role – we’re still interested in hearing from you.
What you need to do:
Skills we expect you to bring:
- Create strong relationships with the team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Manage client relationships and expectations across multiple simultaneous projects and teams from onboarding through sustainment.
- Understand, advise, manage, and communicate the client's:
- Problem space
- Unique value proposition
- High level solution
- Desired user experience
- Product strategy
- Perform requisite market analysis and research.
- Lead or facilitate:
- Discovery related activities/workshops
- Client/SME/user interviews
- Product roadmap creation and management
- Requirements gathering
- User story creation and refinement
- Sprint planning and sculpting
- Prioritization and scope definition
- Backlog management
- Identification of risks and mitigations
- Support the team with:
- Shaping solutions that provide value to the client and users
- Collaboration sessions
- Understanding and coaching on our processes and best practices
- Understanding and refining the desired user experience and client branding
- Assessment of project success
- Quality assurance
- Contribute to:
- User Experience documentation such as empathy maps and personas
- Reports, documentation, proposals, and estimates
- Process improvements and internal documentation
- Evaluate product success, identify problems, and help clients manage the product life cycle.
- Encourage and recognize quality work and success on your teams
- 3-5 years of experience in product management, product ownership, digital project management.
- Effective relationship building and management with a wide range of clients.
- Engaging people management skills through collaboration.
- A history of managing digital products from concept to completion.
- Experience within an Agile methodology, especially as a Product Manager, Business Analyst, Product Owner, or Scrum Master.
- Ability to strategically dissect problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Goal and results driven.
- History of getting things done.
- Strong communication skills with excellent presentation and report writing capabilities.
- Ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate meetings and reviews.
- Experience working as a consultant is an asset.
- Experience with project tracking and reporting tools is an asset.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
What else can you expect at Punchcard?
- Engaging and challenging projects – if you want to do the same thing over and over again, Punchcard isn’t for you. If you like puzzles and solving problems, then we are for you.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with your experience.
- Employee group benefits (including disability and life insurance, dental, and extended health).
- Flexible hours.
- A highly collaborative, remote work environment.
- Challenging projects while working with the most interesting technologies.
- Opportunities for advancement and professional development.
- An opportunity to work with and learn from passionate and highly skilled team members who work together to ensure everyone succeeds.
- Remote first work environment.
At Punchcard, we are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.