Position for Hire: Sales Assistant (Full-time)
Available to start immediately.
The Sales Support position requires an individual who has some prior office administration experience, and has strong customer service, mathematical, attention to detail, and computer skills. Reports to the Supervisor of Sales Support. The Sales Support provides expedient and accurate administrative support tasks to assist the Sales Consultant with executing a successful sale and achieving client satisfaction.
- Research and prices various products as specified by Sales Consultant and/or clients.
- Creates and develops sales quotations received from Sales Consultant as per documentation provided.
- Responds to client requests and supports resolution of any inquiries.
- Responds to supplier inquiries and checks confirmations.
- Updates purchase orders with any changes.
- Processes invoices and forwards to clients.
- Maintains a current and up-to-date Supplier Contact listing and other key information.
- Updates and maintains Masters of Documents (warranty info, etc.) as required.
- Cross trains and learns additional product lines and details as assigned.
- Identifies and recommends continuous improvement in all aspects of sales support to achieve improvements in customer service and satisfaction, project success, process reliability, safety, cost improvement, and culture support.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Position is based on a 40 hour work week; however, incumbent may be required to work outside of regular business hours to meet business requirements.
- Subject to Supervisor pre-approval, position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma with focus on Business Administration.
- 1 to 3 years' progressive experience in a sales role and/or environment.
- Previous experience working in window coverings, commercial furnishing, and/or moveable walls is preferred.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced operation and/or manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Proficient in use of Khameleon or equivalent order-management system and MS Office Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong customer service attitude and commitment to providing exceptional customer service and quality results.
- Attentiveness to details with ability to self-audit and manage a diverse workload within a fast-paced environment with changing multiple priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Excellent organizational skills and time-management skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills to understand, comprehend, and comply with all job requirements.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving, decision making and proactive, positive “Yes I Can” attitude.
- Demonstrated positive approach to continuous improvement opportunities and activities.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of regular business hours to meet business requirements.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to high school completion or partial high school with specialized training. The person can read text of medium difficulty requiring an understanding of basic concepts. They may be expected to write text intended to communicate non-technical information and, display command of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic composition. People working at this level can be required to have certain specialized skills and be able to comprehend somewhat complicated procedures.
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is one to three years.
Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals. The incumbent's education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because he/she understands what is expected, as well as the best approach to take.
The need to organize thoughts in a logical and persuasive fashion and express those thoughts in conversation, writing and formal oral presentation is an important skill requirement. Opportunities to exercise Communications skills occur on a regular basis, and application of these skills contribute directly to achieving the objectives and goals of the job as demonstrated by the following:
- Listening non-judgmentally to information presented by others is important.
- Developing and verbally explaining information to superiors, peers, and subordinates (including employee representatives, if applicable) in a well thought out, logical, and effective manner is important.
- Handling relations with the public, customers, suppliers, or others outside the organization in a way that gets the message across with tact and diplomacy is important.
- Building and using an effective network of people inside and/or outside the organization to give and receive information and to accomplish work objectives is required.
- Dealing with the emotions of people using sensitivity and empathy is important.
- Writing clearly and concisely to explain information in a well thought out, logical and effective manner is important.
- Demonstrating flexibility to change communication style, format, and content very quickly when presented with unanticipated information is important.
· Interpersonal leadership skills - the ability to influence, convince, direct, and persuade others - is a required skill. Some opportunities exist to develop and apply these skills in this job as demonstrated by the following:
· Getting results without formal authority over the people who do the work is required.
· Dealing with sensitive situations/issues that require high standards of integrity (and test commitment to truth, purpose, trust, and confidentiality) is required.
· Working with a diversity of people (i.e., a wide range of ages, ethnic backgrounds/cultural sensitivities, etc.) in order to accomplish work objectives is important.
· Contributing as a team member, where individuals work together and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts, and process outcomes, is important.
· Demonstrating initiative and tenacity in understanding the needs of others (internal and external 'customers') and acting to do something helpful is important.
Imagination, creative interpretation, and/or 'new approach' thinking are focused on finding the most efficient way of carrying out structured assignments.
The job's requirement for analytical and reasoning skills are such that the person performs simple procedures, calculations and/or interpretations. The person selects a course of action from a limited number of easily identified options and evaluates for accuracy and completeness. Trends/patterns in information gathering and analysis are easily learned and recognized.
Interpreting motives, drives, and needs in others is somewhat relevant. There are occasions where it is necessary to understand what may be motivating others, what additional information is required, which techniques are appropriate to gather that information, and how a situation/issue can be successfully brought to a satisfactory conclusion for all who are involved. These situations tend to be somewhat repetitive in nature, involving similar issues, patterns, and processes to be applied by the person in this job.
Decision making skills - the ability to make practical, fair, and objective decisions about the best solutions to problems - is a required skill. Some opportunities exist to develop and apply these skills in this job as demonstrated by the following:
- Making decisions even with conflicting or incomplete information is required.
- Making judgements that are time constrained and requiring immediate action is required.
Time Management Process
Required job skills for planning and coordinating (internal and/or external) resources and activities are applied to schedule own work (typically 1 day to 1 week in advance) and (perhaps) provide detailed work direction to others on a day-to-day basis. The person plans and performs a sequence of operations where standard procedures or recognized operational methods are available or prescribed. The content and objectives of work duties are clearly related.
Business/social/political skills - the need to grasp, comprehend and respond effectively to conditions, developments and practices affecting the organization - is of minimal importance. There is little opportunity to develop or apply these skills in this job with the following exception:
- Understanding and interpreting policy and procedure in situations where immediate response is expected, often without reference to documented material, is required.
In terms of direction and procedural constraints, the person works under regular supervision, in accordance with direction and established work routine. Matters which deviate from routine are referred to the supervisor.
Responsibility for safety and health is best described as typical of most office jobs. An understanding of related policies, procedures and programs is expected to be demonstrated in the performance of duties.
In dealing with the external community (e.g., external customers, professional associations, community associations, etc.) displaying awareness, tact and diplomacy is important. Statements made and actions taken in personal interactions could have some impact on the organization's public image and/or it's relationships with other organizations, but this responsibility is not normally part of the job.
Our Leadership Values
· Put Health and Safety First.
· Collaborate, with stakeholders to achieve mutual success.
· Vow to be active and respectful communicators.
· Be innovative, with continual focus on solving problems.
· Support our community, through our actions and interactions.
· Foster a diverse and inclusive culture, allowing our differences to become our strengths.
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-15