Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
ANDRITZ Ltd. is seeking a Mechanical Product Engineer or Technologist for the Dewatering Group organization. Reporting to the Engineering Manager and the Dewatering Product Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the Screw Press, Disc Filter and Twin Wire Press Service product lines through close collaboration and interaction with the product team, customers, and vendors. The business includes rebuilds, upgrades, field service, and spare parts including the associated inventory.
Your role can be tailored based on your working experience and skills, main responsibilities being:
- Support and execute rebuild projects
- Execute agreed delivery project tasks
- Develop repair scope and quotation
- Implement repair protocols
- Perform manufacturing support as needed
- Travel to vendors and customers as required
- Work closely with the Regional and Global Product Group teams to design and develop new products and product strategy.
- Maintain and update process and maintenance data.
- Maintain equipment installed base.
- Develop your own personal skill sets in the Product Lines (in all aspects, i.e., assembly, engineering, purchasing, quotation making, selling etc.) to improve efficiency, quality of work and delivery.
- Analyze product data and customer feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Travel to customer mill sites to provide product expertise and sales support as needed.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Pulp and Paper Industry process experience strongly desired
- Fluent in manufacturing, fabrication drawings, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (English & French)
- Willingness and able to travel up to 30% across Canada, the USA and Mexico
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Other Competencies and Skills Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in mechanical engineering; commensurate industry experience will be considered
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and lead projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate complex data sets and resolve issues
- Resourceful, self-managed and goal driven while still able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to present, simplify, explain variances and issues to a team and propose solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- SAP experience an asset
- Strong time management skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.