We are currently looking for an outstanding individual to join our fast-paced and rapidly growing organization as Senior Fund Accountant. This person will play a pivotal role in helping us scale our platform and create world-class investor and management services across our global eco-system.
- Work with various teams to deliver world class reporting to our institutional and retail investors.
- Coordinate with legal and business teams to launch and then administer private alternative asset funds, including but not limited to private credit, healthcare royalties and private equity.
- Collaborate with the fund administrator for the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Support the middle office function by coordinating settlement of private investments and monitoring against key performance indicators.
- Perform weekly reconciliations of the funds' cash and investment positions, including cash projections, liquidity analysis, hedging and posting collateral.
- Work closely with the accounting policy team to assist with control assessments and determining the accounting classification for new and existing portfolio investments.
- Assist in and perform valuations of level 3 investments with the valuation team.
- Coordinate audit activities with the funds' external auditor and assist in the preparation of the funds' audited financial statements.
- Generate custom client reporting, including but not limited to monthly fund performance estimates.
- Collaborate with investor relations to produce quarterly marketing materials.
- Oversee the fund's tax compliance process, specifically working with tax consultants to calculate book to tax allocations and ensure tax returns are filed timely in accordance with the local tax authority.
- Ensure full compliance with the finance statutes of the governing documents and controls formulated for key processes.
- Provide leadership to system and automation efforts critical to scaling our control and fund accounting platform to support the organization's strategic objectives.
- Provide ad-hoc data requests for internal partners, including investor relations, legal, the investment team and others.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
- 5 or more years of relevant accounting work experience especially in publicly traded funds and in fixed income.
- CA / CPA Certification with specialization in Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Excellent execution focus.
- Ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely.
- Self-starter – able to take initiative, prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized with a high attention to detail and able to manage multiple priorities, strong time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize thoughts and confident in expressing a view while willing to listen to different perspectives.
- Demonstrates consistent reliability in meeting deadlines and expectations as well as humility by putting the team first and creating a collaborative work environment.
- Positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and collaborate on a wide variety of projects.
Our ideal candidate:
- Rigorous – Hard-working, organized, and exceptional attention to detail; a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented workplace.
- Collaborative – Inclusive operating style coupled with a hands-on, results-oriented attitude.
- Proactive and innovative – Thrives in an unstructured working environment; curious and eager to learn about a wide variety of topics; suggests new ideas and new ways of working.
Are you confident you could do the job, and are you excited about the opportunity but don't meet all the requirements? At Sagard, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. We encourage you to apply! You may be the right candidate for this role or other positions.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact the People & Culture team to make your needs known in advance. We welcome all applications and wish to thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position.