Environmental Inspector - ( 230002H5 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
An opportunity exists for an Environmental Inspector to join the Assessment and Permitting team within the Environmental Services practice area. You will join a team that delivers outstanding expertise to a wide variety of infrastructure sectors. As a key member of the team you will be responsible for assisting with the construction execution of all regulatory aspects of project environmental approvals and permitting. The position has flexibility to work remotely or in one of our local offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a close-knit team, you will provide guidance on complying with environmental commitments and conditions as it applies to infrastructure projects.
- The role will include writing and coordinating proposals, permits, and environmental management plans.
- You will also effectively communicate and liaise with a variety of project stakeholders, including clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors, in the field during construction.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understand construction techniques and take a preventative approach rather than a reactive approach to environmental issues.
- Experience working with contractors to develop suitable approaches that will meet standards to avoid construction delays.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions to assist in decision-making to clients and contractors.
- Ability to understand and implement plans and drawings.
- Ability to work seamlessly with multidisciplinary project teams and execute projects collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on-site for extended periods of time.
Education and Experience
A college diploma or university degree in Environmental Management, or related field is required.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control designation.
- Knowledge of a variety of environmental disciplines – such as aquatic, archaeology, contamination, cultural heritage, hydrology, soils, and terrestrial.
- Previous experience in consulting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Organization : BC-1609 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 8, 2023, 7:03:48 AM
Req ID: 230002H5
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans