Are you a seasoned financial professional seeking a new and exciting opportunity? Our client, a prominent Crown Corporation in the housing industry is looking for Senior Financial Analyst - Team Lead to join their team of experts on a permanent basis. They provide a work-life balance through 35-hour work weeks, hybrid work options, and flexible schedules. Additionally, you can secure your future with the esteemed Public Service Pension Plan, known as one of the finest in Canada.
In this critical role, you will be tasked with leveraging your financial expertise to support the organization's Board, Executive team, and Managers. As an integral member of the Financial & Management Services team, you will provide guidance, lead projects, and offer strategic insights to both internal and external stakeholders. Your role as a subject matter expert will involve analyzing complex financial systems, projections, models, and methodologies, and recommending enhancements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Orchestrates the execution of monthly and year-end accounting procedures, encompassing reconciliation of accounts, resolution of discrepancies, preparation of working papers, formulation of financial and statistical assessments, development of financial reports and system queries for intricate analysis, and active participation in audit processes.
- Undertakes the reconciliation, analysis, and preparation of financial statements and data according to the stipulations of the Financial Information Act and other relevant reporting policies, covering aspects such as employee remuneration schedules and supplier payments.
- Upholds meticulous records of fixed assets, encompassing the recording of asset acquisitions and disposals, as well as the computation of corresponding amortization figures.
- Assumes the central role in calculating levy rates, and the collection and reconciliation of levy and grants-in-lieu revenue (approximately $80.0 million annually), culminating in the formulation of strategic recommendations supported by comprehensive cost-benefit analyses, and the planning and execution of research, trend analysis, and benchmarking activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Five (5) years directly-related experience with increasing levels of financial/supervisory responsibility.
- Experience in developing financial reports, experience with budgets, and developing new policies.
- Experience with computerized financial systems in a mid-to large sized organization.
- Experience in developing, evaluating and implementing a variety of financial operations, systems, etc.
- A recognized accounting designation (e.g. CPA).
- An undergraduate degree in business, management or administration.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC V8Z 0B9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Corporate finance: 5 years (required)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Victoria, BC V8Z 0B9