Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Room Attendant is responsible for ensuring the guest rooms are cleaned and maintained in a timely and thorough manner to maximize the highest degree of guest satisfaction. They move quickly and organize their tasks according to business volumes to ensure that the hotel always looks its best. They are passionate about serving others and working as a team with associates from all departments. Ensuring all guest areas are cleaned and maintained to the standards set by the hotel using the correct cleaning techniques and cleaning agents. This position includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
The specific responsibilities of the Houseman/Janitorial position will vary depending on the needs of the properties. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following areas.
- Follows all established and future housekeeping Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by cleaning and servicing the assigned guest rooms or areas according to established standards and standard operating procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash etc. Includes cleaning of room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, etc.
- Monitors and control supplies and amenities and minimizes waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Reports, turns in, and/or logs all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Reports all concerns related to Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound) immediately to the Supervisor.
- Maximizes job efficiency and ensures a neat and orderly appearance by maintaining and stocking carts.
- Maintains, vacuums and cleans guest floor hallways.
- Cleans and maintains vacuum cleaner and other tools on a regular basis.
- Assists in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as directed.
- Clean approximately 1 guest room every 30 minutes
- Adheres to all Nova Hotels standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Security, Fire Safety, and Guest Interactions.
- Provides exceptional guest service at all times.
- Perform other job related duties assigned by the Supervisor.