Position Closes: October 6, 2023
Compensation: $48,403 - $60,504 per annum
This is a full time permanent position
Servus Credit Union is Alberta's largest credit union and is ranked #1 in Canada on Forbes’ World’s Best Banks list for 2022! Driven by cooperative values, one might even say we're member-obsessed – because helping our members feel good about their money through improved financial fitness builds better lives and stronger, more resilient communities.
Propelled by our aspirational values of being smart, gutsy and driven, Servus is growing, enhancing member and employee experience and shifting to a culture where we can easily deliver our best.
We're looking for a Financial Advisor Associate to join our team!
Reporting to the Branch Manager, our Financial Advisor Associate plays an integral role in the branch by supporting our members with all their banking needs. As a Financial Advisor Associate, you'll prepare documents for member meetings, provide regular proactive contact and follow-up with members, handle discussions with walk-in members, and a variety of administrative and branch support activities. You'll also help the branch and our members by processing daily banking transactions and recommending products and services to ensure our members feel good about their money.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively gather and document all pertinent information required for the Financial Advisor to have a robust conversation
- Reviewing personal accounts for completeness, accuracy, and ensure they are fully compliant. Look for recommendations to shape the members financial fitness
- Opening and reviewing new accounts, following up with members as per member service guidelines
- Preparing and entering loan application information
- Supporting branch activities to grow new memberships and strengthen our financial relationship with existing members
- Clearly and skillfully differentiate between credit union and competitor products and services. Present advice and solutions that will serve to improve the member's financial situation
- With accuracy, processing member transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, loan and utility payments, money orders, credit card advances, calculation of foreign and domestic exchange & cheque cashing
To qualify, you will need:
Although not required, the following education/certificates are valuable assets:
- Post-secondary education in Finance (or related studies)
- Banking experience
Moreover, Servus encourages candidates with a strong desire to learn and improve their financial intelligence! We provide extensive training, coaching, and educational/personal development assistance, to give you all the right tools to succeed and continually improve in this role.
Most importantly, we are looking for candidates with enthusiastic energy and impeccable communication skills, who are effortless in building rapport with our customers. If you are a positive, organized, and detail-oriented individual looking for a long-term career growth, then we encourage you to apply!
By creating a healthy and inclusive work environment and providing employees with the tools and supports they need, we help our employees achieve their potential.
Servus is committed to providing a great place to work, and we invest in our employees by ensuring they have:
- A supportive and engaging working environment
- Benefits that lead the field
- A total rewards strategy that includes recognition for a job well done
- Learning options that support lifelong learning and career-building opportunities
- Opportunities and support for volunteering in local communities and abroad
- Support for employee fundraising through our annual corporate fundraising events and through several less formal initiatives led by our employees
Here are some of the benefits that our employees love:
- Financial product benefits available immediately
- Group RRSP and Coop Superannuation Pension Plan matched programs
- Vacation purchase program
- Employee financial services team available to help you reach your financial goals
- Group benefit coverage including extended health care coverage, travel insurance, dental plans, and specialized medical coverage
- Flexible spending account to purchase additional health or personal wellness items
- Wellness initiatives
- Other leaves including parental, emergency days, and critical care days
As Servus, our employees are also members. This means you'll have all the benefits of being a member of the credit union including profit sharing, voting for the board of directors, and all of the services we provide … with a few additional perks!
Imagine working for an organization that values diversity and inclusivity, and where everyone collaborates for your success. If you want to join a team of community leaders passionate about making an impact, apply now!
Click on the link below to apply for this amazing opportunity. If you're shortlisted, you'll hear from us after the posting closes. Should you require an accommodation during the application and selection process, send us a quick email at [email protected] with the position and location you're interested in. Thanks for applying with Servus Credit Union; we look forward to learning about you and your experience!
Please note that confidential inquiries may be sent to [email protected].
Servus Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, and sexual orientation.