The SMA (www.sma.sk.ca) is a voluntary, member-based, professional association for physicians, medical students and residents in the province and it is the provincial chapter of the Canadian Medical Association. As the trusted voice of Saskatchewan’s 2,600 practicing physicians, the SMA negotiates for and on behalf of our doctors; supports the educational, professional, economic, and personal well-being of physicians; and advocates for a high-quality and patient-centred, health-care system.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior Programmer Analyst to join our growing team for a 2-year term.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for leading efforts to enhance, evolve, and proactively seek to improve various cloud-based and on-premises software applications at the SMA. The position requires a person who can collaborate with, and sometimes coordinate the activities of, a diverse group of staff in pursuit of improving the technical systems at the SMA. This position also provides helpdesk technical support on application and hardware issues as required.
This position can be based fully remote from anywhere within Canada, or on-site at our Saskatoon, SK office with a voluntary hybrid work arrangement option subject to approval under our Hybrid Work Arrangement policy.
- Provide leadership and demonstrate ownership in all aspects of the software development life cycle including planning, analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Provide recommendations for how all aspects of the Salesforce platform can advance the SMA’s digital transformation.
- Develop software on the Salesforce platform in Apex, Flow, Process Builder, triggers, Aura, Lightning Web Components, and other Salesforce programming constructs.
- Create, maintain, and diagnose iMan workflows.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions to technical and non-technical staff.
- Prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Respond to requests for IT assistance in a helpdesk capacity, providing support on various software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Adobe reader, MS Teams) issues, hardware issues (e.g., printers, scanners, laptop, video conferencing system).
- Research, evaluate and recommend solutions and appropriate technology to meet users’ needs.
- Provide project management support of small-scale technical projects.
- May supervise and provide functional direction to third-party service providers.
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or a related field, or a combination of education and work experience may be considered. A master’s degree in computer science is an asset.
- At least 3 years of experience developing .NET applications, or in an equivalent OO platform.
- At least 1 year of experience developing Salesforce applications.
- At least 1 year of experience providing helpdesk support in an enterprise environment.
$72,861 - $98,576 per annum commensurate with experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Group Benefits Plan including Health and Dental Insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- $600 Annual Employee Wellness Program
- On-Site Gym
- Work/Life Balance – 35-hour work week
- Optional Earned Days Off program in addition to annual Vacation Entitlement
Are you interested in joining our team? Apply today!
Applications including cover letter and resume can be sent via email directly to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately; however, applications will be accepted and evaluated until the position is filled.
The SMA is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be conducted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 24 months
Salary: $72,861.00-$98,576.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Work Location: In person